Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a buddy of mine has an 01 660 and we are planning on riding tomorrow so not time for a aftermarket filter or a cover to lose the lid altogether, He heard about drilling a few holes in the lid for the time being in order to get more airflow, is this a good idea and if so what size holes?

·
Registered
118 Posts
If you modify the airbox, without jetting for the mods, more than likely it will run like a turd. Anytime their is a increase in airflow, fuel too needs to be increased. Unless its running real rich right now. Read the carb sticky at the top of this forum, lotsa good info.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have the Yosh RS3 full system with the K&N filter and outerware. I rejetted around four times. Never could get the top end not to bog. Finally on this forum I read about drilling two 1 3/4" holes in the lid. It works perfect. Try it. You might have to mess with the air mix screws a little.

·
Registered
455 Posts
i have an 01 raptor 660 with a carbonfiber gytr slipon and a proflow kit. and im not sure if its jetted cause the guy i bought it off never mentioned it. then i read on raptorforum.com to drill 6 1 inch holes so i went with a size smaller to 7/8 inch and it runs good.

·
Registered
364 Posts
you can buy a little window/slider for the side of your airbox.....it has a spongy filter inside of it to filter the dust/dirt/sand. Anyway, you control the airflow by opening the window as little or as much as you want....cool little contraption really. I have one if you want to see a picture of it.

Max

1 - 7 of 7 Posts