Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about modding my GT12 compressor wheel and housing to fit on my T-25 center sect and turbine shaft. All Id need to do is machine the housing a little to fit on the center sect, drill larger hole thru comp wheel, and get them balanced. Im only shooting for around 100hp, the GT12 had awsome low end, the T25 not so much. Used to squeel tires going 35mph off idle. Anyone know if this will work or will I end up over spinning and smoke bearings?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Sounds like a nightmare. Not only that but the a/r ratio of that T25 exhaust housing will probably be HUGE in comparison to the GT12 which may not spool how you want. I would just buy a GT1544 or GT20.

Nate

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a nightmare. Not only that but the a/r ratio of that T25 exhaust housing will probably be HUGE in comparison to the GT12 which may not spool how you want. I would just buy a GT1544 or GT20.

Nate
the problem with the gt12, 15 and 20 is that the exhaust housing is way too small. Choking the motor and building alot of heat. The GT-12's compressor wheel is sized almost perfect for the HP im going for but the exhaust housing wont handle the pulse. I think it will spool up super fast, but not as quick as the gt-12 as a unit. I have spare part to try it, if it dont work I can go back to what I have

1 - 7 of 7 Posts