Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys, I picked up my efi 450 and if you guys come across any mods please let me know. This thing sounds funny stock and would like to feel alittle more grunt out of it. :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
what is your overall impression of it? Have you rode any of the older yfz450's how does it compare? I'm trying to decide on a 09 or get a 08 and put the extra $$ towards mods

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
u can pull the air box lid and sparky out without the need of a powercommander and still be very safe on A/F

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have not rode it yet. I have rode the older 450 and really it came down to the reason was not so much because it was better than the older year more than i was in the market for a new quad and it was worth the wait over getting a 08 and then kicking myself for not waiting. Really if you ask me very few of us keep a bike like this in stock form so really it comes down to building the bike to best suite your riding style and needs. I am going to set this bike up for more if you want to call it dune cross riding. doesn't have to be the fastest bike but it needs to be quick and handle like a champ. So far with the wider stance I feel she should do pretty good with alittle time adjusting the shocks for my riding style. I have friends that still race witch one was a first test rider (link on it here) http://www.atvscene.com/machines/yamaha/yfz450r_1st_ride_091.html
Still waiting to see what he ends up doing to the bike with mod's.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
u can pull the air box lid and sparky out without the need of a powercommander and still be very safe on A/F
Yea I saw your thread on that. That is what I will start with for now. Can't wait till we start seeing mod's. I really would like to get a full pipe.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Nick, I'm headed to Glamis between Christmas and New Years. If you need me to break-in that 450R for you let me know. I'll swing by and pick her up on the way down! ;)

I'm a GIVER! ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I beat you would love to just pick her up.

Man I have a ton of other friend going down there for x-mas to new years. I would love to go also but we as a family are not ready for the long haul yet. Little guy is only 5 months old and my 2 daughters will more than likely chock each other for being in the truck that long. Pismo is sold out and jam packed and Sand Mountain will be to cold. Not sure yet where but I do know I have some new sand wheels and tires coming in on Mon. so I will end up somewhere.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Wife has to do Inventory so, this is just a Daddy Daughter trip.

She's getting a new Raptor 250 for Christmas and doesn't know it so, she is going to be very excited. She has a Honda 250EX now so, not much of a change but, should take her to the next level. She's also getting a Wii so, I plan on taking that with us. We'll either be riding, playing the Wii or going into town for Mexican food. Can't wait. We aren't a video game family so, this is going to be new for us.

It is a drive but, it is soooo worth it. This is my Daughter's first trip to Glamis - she's been to Oregon 3 times and St. Anthony twice so, she can handle the long drives. . . she does have the whole back-seat to herself though so, she thinks trips are all about movies, snacks, sleep, etc. Rough life!!!

Wife and I are going back to Glamis Jan. 24-30 but, that trip will be an adult trip for us. Let me know if you can make it!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had a phone call that a shop north of me was doing a install and dyno run on that Sparks set up. Never heard back how much of a difference it was.

Ohhh, and I did make it down to Glamis for NewYears and man this bike is great. Love it even out of the box stock. Of course I want more.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool, keep me posted. I want something that looks good too. Yea yea.. I know I am like that but I like looks and if I loose alittle for looks well, I will buy another part to make up for it....ha-ha..

I need to find Nerf bars for it because I might ride it in the Quad Wars at Oakland later this month.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts