Raptor Forum banner

Mods installed on Rappy, no improvement

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  RobHussle 
#1 ·
My friend put on a K&N filter, HMF full exhaust, but didn't bother w/ the dobeck tfi, sure it was loud but lean as hell and wouldn't run right...so he taped off almost half the filter to help it out and it ran a lil better, but on the trails i was smokin him, i only have a gytr intake, drag races i smoked him, he could pull wheelies in high gears but he really should've put that tfi on, his exhaust fumes were very very hot to my skin compared to mine, hope it's okay after the 8 hr ride we did over the weekend.

#3 ·
I know mines a lil lean, but his was wayyyyy lean :eek: I'm gettin a efi controller soon enough.

#5 ·
I have the HMF full system and a PCIII. It is night and day compared to stock!!!! you need a PCIII and then you will see the difference :thumbsup:

#6 ·
he could burn the piston running that lean :clap:

#7 ·
I was behind him pushing him up a hill he got stalled on.....and his exhaust burned my goatee hairs off.....my other friends stock 700 doesn't blow that much heat :eek: he has a 250 and 500r, he's familiar w/ jets, been riding forever but didn't know fuel injection needs to be upgraded in these, prolly just thinks it's like a car, throw on intake and exhaust and go, but not w/ these.

#9 ·
That is the fate i'm afraid my friend will endure :( I tried to warn him :grin_nod:

#11 ·
My bike felt completely different once I put on the PCIII. I ran it with a filter and exhaust just to see how lean it would run, how it would feel before hooking up the PCIII, just for a minute (sounded and ran like crap). After putting on the PCIII I just didn't want to get off the bike, it was amazing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.