Raptor Forum banner

61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
That pic doesn’t help but unlike your s 4 stroker, it’s like half an inch from the deal instead of really clise

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Also I noticed that one exhaust seems slightly not straight. The right one. Idk if that’s normal or not. You can’t see it in any pictures cause it doesn’t show

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Ok so here’s a better pic.

Most the wires are about half an inch away but two of them ( both of these in the next pic) are pretty damn close. But not touching like I I thought they were. If I do some heat tape on the wires would they be ok since they aren’t touching? There is no way to move the since both are connected to the crankcase.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Did you get the regulars or the big bores? Mine are the big bores, maybe thats the difference. On mine, everything is slip fit, 3 pieces per side. Header, midpipe, and exhaust can. You can rotate the midpipe to make it closer or further from the frame. I did not, and would not recommend that you, apply pressure to get them in the right spot. You certainly dont want to mess up your expensive new headers. If it was me and i was having trouble, id call Paul at monsterquad. Hes actually very nice and informative, im sure hed be happy to help a new customer with any tips on install. He spoke with me about the differences between his big bores and standards at length before i ordered my monsters

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Ok so here’s a better pic.
View attachment 139397

Most the wires are about half an inch away but two of them ( both of these in the next pic) are pretty damn close. But not touching like I I thought they were. If I do some heat tape on the wires would they be ok since they aren’t touching? There is no way to move the since both are connected to the crankcase.
That ground wire can be relocated, just get it out of there

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
My head is off waiting for valve seals im the mail so you cant tell how far it is from the exhaust, but you can see what i did with it. And i moved my ground wire to one of the starter mounting bolts

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Did you get the regulars or the big bores? Mine are the big bores, maybe thats the difference. On mine, everything is slip fit, 3 pieces per side. Header, midpipe, and exhaust can. You can rotate the midpipe to make it closer or further from the frame. I did not, and would not recommend that you, apply pressure to get them in the right spot. You certainly dont want to mess up your expensive new headers. If it was me and i was having trouble, id call Paul at monsterquad. Hes actually very nice and informative, im sure hed be happy to help a new customer with any tips on install. He spoke with me about the differences between his big bores and standards at length before i ordered my monsters

Regular. Its all welded except where the header connects the the midpipe and the exhausts bolt on the midpipes. I didnt know if that was ok or not.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
More pics above, i was typing

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
So on mine its all welded. Which means I cant move it so that it turns the header away from the wires.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Did you weld your ground wire on? Because I have no clue where I would put it
I literally told you on an above post that you even quoted. I moved it to one of the starter mounting bolts. NOT THE POSITIVE WIRE ON TOP OF STARTER!!! One of the 2 mounting bolts that hold the starter to the case

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
So on mine its all welded. Which means I cant move it so that it turns the header away from the wires.
You said its 3 pieces per side?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
I literally told you on an above post that you even quoted. I moved it to one of the starter mounting bolts. NOT THE POSITIVE WIRE ON TOP OF STARTER!!! One of the 2 mounting bolts that hold the starter to the case

Dude im sorry, I really appreciate the help. My brain is not functioning today. I feel sick as shit

61 - 80 of 109 Posts