Raptor Forum banner

81 - 100 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Did you leave all mounting bolts loose as per instructions. Then adjust and tighten header then move back. Put monsters on mine couple years back and didnt follow monster instructions and struggled. Loosened everything up and it allowed me to make minor adjustments. Went together great after that. Didn't need any heat wrap. A little creative wire routing and everything went perfect. Did have to cut fender a touch to clear midpipe but not to much.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Did you leave all mounting bolts loose as per instructions. Then adjust and tighten header then move back. Put monsters on mine couple years back and didnt follow monster instructions and struggled. Loosened everything up and it allowed me to make minor adjustments. Went together great after that. Didn't need any heat wrap. A little creative wire routing and everything went perfect. Did have to cut fender a touch to clear midpipe but not to much.
Huh.... well mine doesnt even touch the fender. I did keep everything lose but maybe I should do it all over again. Its not like its a pain to loosen a couple bolts up.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Odd. Has the quad been in a good wreck. I have my duals on my 660 and just put a monster on my 2020 700. Paul's work is excellent. Sure pipe is welded together in a fixture but guess mistakes happen. Damage in shipping? Both mine came packaged beautiful. Been couple years since the 660 install so I don't remember any way the mid pipes got mixed up. Doubt it just throwing out ideas. As said above paul is very helpful. Be aware he is swamped right now might take awhile to get ahold of him.

Reactions: 4stroker4life

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Dude im sorry, I really appreciate the help. My brain is not functioning today. I feel sick as shit
No worries. Sorry for giving you hell about it. I was just like wtf?? Hahaha. Get well soon, hope its not kung-flu

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Odd. Has the quad been in a good wreck. I have my duals on my 660 and just put a monster on my 2020 700. Paul's work is excellent. Sure pipe is welded together in a fixture but guess mistakes happen. Damage in shipping? Both mine came packaged beautiful. Been couple years since the 660 install so I don't remember any way the mid pipes got mixed up. Doubt it just throwing out ideas. As said above paul is very helpful. Be aware he is swamped right now might take awhile to get ahold of him.
Paul has been very helpful.
Everything came beautiful.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
So I ended up just using a hole on the swing arm and a couple other things to pull the wires away from the header. As well I loosened everything and readjusted the exhaust so I think it’s good. Though it did stall once while idling which was weird

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
So I ended up just using a hole on the swing arm and a couple other things to pull the wires away from the header. As well I loosened everything and readjusted the exhaust so I think it’s good. Though it did stall once while idling which was weird
Great! Mine sometimes does that too... i always assumed it was my map because im not dynod. It runs absolutely great, but sometimes it will die one time about 10-15 seconds after a cold startup.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Great! Mine sometimes does that too... i always assumed it was my map because im not dynod. It runs absolutely great, but sometimes it will die one time about 10-15 seconds after a cold startup.

Yep exactly what it did. I guess ive heard the raptor does stall randomly for no reason sometimes?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Yep exactly what it did. I guess ive heard the raptor does stall randomly for no reason sometimes?
The only time mine does it is 10-15 seconds after a cold start, and it will only do it once. After that it will idle and run great all day long. Let it sit overnight, same thing next cold start. My 700 never did that before i changed exhaust and tune at same time so thats why i assumed it was the tune. However it runs a million times better than it did before so i live with it until i get it on a dyno

Reactions: Nathannewbie

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
I really didn’t seem to notice a huge power gain with the new exhaust... everybody else seems to have noticed a big power gain.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Whats your intake setup?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Post a pic with the filter off and i will tell you what it is

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #96

Looks stock but idk...

Does intake make a big difference in power? I mean obviously but like a pretty feelable difference

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Not stock. Could be any billet adapter intake, but not stock

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I was suspecting the intake because i noticed a huge gain with my exhaust. But, i think your intake would be fine

81 - 100 of 109 Posts