Raptor Forum banner

Monster power tip on my 2015

6K views 25 replies 7 participants last post by  t web2007 
#1 ·
I purchased the Monster exhaust tip from TQS and installed it on my new Raptor. The quality is really nice and it looks great. I am very pleased with the exhaust sound now, it really sounds surprisingly good and not wicked loud. I was really hoping I could just use it for now without a fuel tuner, but I'm going to need one. It's stumbling and popping a bit, and will even stall out at real low rpm's. Damn. Well I'll have to get the PCV for it and high flow air filter while I'm at it. :smile. I put the stock silencer back in until I can get the tuner.

#2 ·
I've heard directly from Cuervo racing that no lid and monster tip does not get dangerously lean. Also, it's been a common complaint about the hesitation/stumble off idle on the new engine, it is caused by the egr emission system. I've been told that if you Un-plug the valve, it fixes the issue. You can't go wrong getting a pc5 and fci. I'm currently using the monster tip, fci, and pc5 on my 2015, runs great, sounds pretty good.

#3 ·
That's good to know, thanks. It definitely leaned it out enough to make it pop on deceleration. No stumbling or popping with yours with the PC5?

#11 ·
Okay I unplugged the connector from the egr valve, it runs worse. It sputters as soon as I touch the throttle. It runs much better when it's plugged in so I'm leaving it that way and will get the PCV in the future. :wink

#15 ·
On the few bikes we've tested the Power tip or no sparky was fine, this is woth the factoey filter and air box cover jntact. No other modifications. The 2015 up bikes are prone to stalling thou this gets better as they beak in. This was done on Clear 92 octane NON ethanol fuel, there is potential for variation in manufacturing as well as a HUGE variation on pump fuel. MOST pump fuel now is E10 is not E15 .. either will run leaner then non Ethanol fuel.
When it comes to your personal bike and local weather and fuel you may see different results or effects as with any other modifications, use discression.. is something does not seem right then look for the next option or upgrade to fix.
Though the statement is made "no fuel controller" your bike Will run better with a properly dyno tuned programmer, though this does not make it mandatory.
We have done many 2015+ builds from stock to highly hodified. Feel free to call for the direct Info

#18 ·
Thank you for the info and taking the time to write in. My 2015 runs fairly well with the tip, but as I ride it more and the bike gets hotter, it starts popping and stumbling more at low rpm. I am just running regular 87 octane though, maybe I should try the 93.

#20 ·
Should have figured that with the increase in compression. I'll fill her up with premium this weekend, thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.