Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator NW Raptor Rally Coordinator
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monster quad exhaust PC III Need help.

First time post long time reader, I have a new Monster Quad exhaust, GYTR filter with lid off and adapter and the PCIII. I have tried the Map for GYTR full exhaust with GYTR filter and lid off and I am slow on top end and it tends to stall a little easer on bottom end. I also tried LRD full exhaust with Pro filter lid off and it has great low end bit of black smoke at idle but a bit softer mid to high end. With the stock May It was just to lean and pips get very red at idle. Is any one running a Monster Quad exhaust and if so what map is best. Thank You for all the help I know there are many threads on this but have not found any for the monster quad and my e-mail to monster quad was unanswered.

·
Registered
147 Posts
CALL DYNA JET ASK THEM IF THEY HAVE A MAP IF YOU CAN NOT FIND ONE YOU CAN SEND THEM YOUR PIPE AND THEY WILL MAKE ONE FOR YOU OR GO TO A DYNO PLACE LOCAL THAT CAN MAKE A MAP FOR YOU

·
Super Moderator NW Raptor Rally Coordinator
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just got a great E-Mail from Monster quad, Paul is just outstanding and the SS Exaust is very well built so I am expecting great things. I will post when I get the map on and take the raptor out for a run. Way to go monster quad :thumbsup: :thumbsup: way up

Yes Chris you are right on it being lean thats why its falling down in fith gear Its a good thing if you are lean that means our exhaust is more efficient and requires more fuel ,more fuel will equal more power and power is why we are both here!!,what is your elevation?Well what I can do is pick up a gytr kit and do the Dynojet map on my Raptor 700 for our MonsterQuad exhaust system on our dyno this will still give you a custom map since we are near sacto,ca. and too far to drive,I would like to see also the pro design H.P. difference compared to gytr I have often wondered, its fun to do anyway also to see if the map would need to be different,We have a Dynojet 168 Dyno with all options such as eddycurrent load system ,fuel mixture and real time torque option,this allows us to do things on fuel injected quads that that most exhaust manufactures can not do (most dynojet dyno owners do not have these options because they cost as much as the dyno!) like load down the motor then open up the throttle at 500 rpm increments to check power and torque at "real time" under load and make fuel adjustments,anyway this will take one to two weeks to complete and lets stay in touch. Paul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts