Raptor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Raptor 700R
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 700R.

i haVe a big 3 kit on the way from Monster with the PCV.

it comes with the proper tune in it for this setup they say.

has anyone used this setup? Does the tune work, or will I have better luck with a tune from Mr Cuervo?

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
I’m nearly 100% positive that Daniel provides Paul with tunes, so it’s probably the same either way.

·
Registered
42 Posts
2016 700R.

i haVe a big 3 kit on the way from Monster with the PCV.

it comes with the proper tune in it for this setup they say.

has anyone used this setup? Does the tune work, or will I have better luck with a tune from Mr Cuervo?
Sweet! I just purchased the big 3 off of Monster's website with the PCV 3 days ago as well. Glad to see someone else is also genuinely going through my same purchase. Haven't had it shipped yet, though. Do you mind keeping this thread updated regarding the tune since I also wanted to TRIPLE check with Paul that it comes with the correct tune (Monster full exhaust, PCV, and FCI airbox). Hopefully you got the same configuration.

TIA!

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
bought my big 3 from monster in mid june got it late sept. Paul is swamped and it is just getting worse in cali so could be a while before it ships.

Reactions: Eddy8922

·
Registered
2016 Raptor 700R
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet! I just purchased the big 3 off of Monster's website with the PCV 3 days ago as well. Glad to see someone else is also genuinely going through my same purchase. Haven't had it shipped yet, though. Do you mind keeping this thread updated regarding the tune since I also wanted to TRIPLE check with Paul that it comes with the correct tune (Monster full exhaust, PCV, and FCI airbox). Hopefully you got the same configuration.

TIA!
Yes, same setup.
I will keep it updated.

i ordered my kit in early December. Order is still processing. I called and talked to him last week, and he indeed stated that they are swamped and covid has slowed them down.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes, same setup.
I will keep it updated.

i ordered my kit in early December. Order is still processing. I called and talked to him last week, and he indeed stated that they are swamped and covid has slowed them down.
Would greatly appreciate if you or anyone here can give me size specs/weight since I live in Cali but my quad is in Mexico. I plan on flying the big 3 parts to Mexico with me later this year, but I want to be ready to plan out what the weight of the thing is and if it'll fit in a big checked-in luggage. Thankfully I have time lol

Also, do you plan on installing the AIS block off plate?

I really appreciate you guys!

·
Registered
2016 Raptor 700R
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I have the ais block off plate to put on with the kit.

i will measure and weight the package when it gets here and post it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
bought my big 3 from monster in mid june got it late sept. Paul is swamped and it is just getting worse in cali so could be a while before it ships.
Did you notice a big difference? I’m currently stock with a pipe and a tune, but would like some more giddy up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
I got my big 3 Monster kit from Paul a few months back with the map. I also bought the map from Dan from Cuervo and the maps aren’t the same. Dan’s map has higher fuel numbers. Which means I guess it gives more fuel. Any way i tried both. The difference isn’t night and day, but I do like the map from Cuervo racing better. I feel like it gives the my machine more of what it needs. Hope that helped

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got my big 3 Monster kit from Paul a few months back with the map. I also bought the map from Dan from Cuervo and the maps aren’t the same. Dan’s map has higher fuel numbers. Which means I guess it gives more fuel. Any way i tried both. The difference isn’t night and day, but I do like the map from Cuervo racing better. I feel like it gives the my machine more of what it needs. Hope that helped
Would you mind sending me over Cuervo's map? I have contacted him for 2 months now to sell me a map with the Monster full sys., FCI w/ box, and PCV and he does not respond. I'll definitely pay you if you can get it to me. Thank you great sir!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I received my FC Intake and PCV a month before I received my Monster Exhaust. So I followed suggestion from Cuervo Racing and bought a map from him for the intake and stock exhaust with spark arrestor removed. I installed them and It sounded awesome compared to what it was, and I noticed a decent low end power gain, nothing crazy but it was actually where I needed it to be power wise. I could make it up big hills a lot easier.
Then I received the Monster exhaust and installed that. And that’s when you say,”Holy Shit!”.

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2016 Raptor 700R
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I received my FC Intake and PCV a month before I received my Monster Exhaust. So I followed suggestion from Cuervo Racing and bought a map from him for the intake and stock exhaust with spark arrestor removed. I installed them and It sounded awesome compared to what it was, and I noticed a decent low end power gain, nothing crazy but it was actually where I needed it to be power wise. I could make it up big hills a lot easier.
Then I received the Monster exhaust and installed that. And that’s when you say,”Holy Shit!”.

[/QUOTE]
Did you change the tune again when you put the exhaust on?

·
Registered
2016 Raptor 700R
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did you change the tune again when you put the exhaust on?
thank God I’m not that stupid. Yes I did.
[/QUOTE]
Not suggesting you’re stupid. Just clarifying because you left that part out.

·
Registered
92 Posts
thank God I’m not that stupid. Yes I did.
[/QUOTE]
10-4. I wasn’t implying that was your suggestion. I was just expressing my gratitude for not being stupid enough do that. I see guys doing things like that on you tube and only think of what they are actually doing to their new machines in the long run

·
Registered
2016 Raptor 700R
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
10-4. I wasn’t implying that was your suggestion. I was just expressing my gratitude for not being stupid enough do that. I see guys doing things like that on you tube and only think of what they are actually doing to their new machines in the long run
[/QUOTE]
Good.
And I agree. There are tons of stupid people out there. Especially on facebook and youtube.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts