Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dual exhaust is the latest fad. I looked on the barker website and it said they give a 12-13%hp increase. my gytr header and pipe is supposed to give 20% is this right? if so why is everyone going to duals? until I heard this I had planned on switching to lte duals when I could get the clams together. all you hardcore bike builders any info would be nice. thanks

·
Registered
379 Posts
rappyhappy said:
The dual exhaust is the latest fad. I looked on the barker website and it said they give a 12-13%hp increase. my gytr header and pipe is supposed to give 20% is this right? if so why is everyone going to duals? until I heard this I had planned on switching to lte duals when I could get the clams together. all you hardcore bike builders any info would be nice. thanks
20% on a base of 39hp only equates to circa 8hp.

Does that answer your question?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my bad, i've been drinking and my dislexxiiiaaaiaia took over I saw the 12-13 and though it was percent not hp. I've seen the light thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
sanbullet said:
dauls may not give alot of peak hp # over the single but the power cruve is said to be better more hp in the high revs
Actually in all the dyno runs I have seen with different single pipes, when compared to the LTE's ---The LTE's put out more low end mid range and top end HP over a broader flatter curve and carry it to a higher RPM. I imagine the Barkers will show the same results if not a little better. The Ron Woods single makes the most top end HP at the highest RPM of any single pipe I have seen, but gives it up on the bottom and mid compared to the Duals. It's not hype, it's not a myth, the duals flat have a better curve than any single I have ever seen on the 700R and if you measure the time from off idle to hitting the rev limiter in a 2nd gear and a 4th gear roll on you will really see the difference ;)

·
Registered
511 Posts
single pipe for ur buck is the Ron Woods.. by switching to barkers from the Woods i gained 1hp and 2 fptorque (crap map) i wont know the real #'s till i get into dynojet and get a good map. hopefully by next week ill have it and have some better #'s.

CApt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts