Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey raptor riders . how the hell is eveybody? I've got a question about hooking up a set of extra lights on my2005 raptor. Should I hook them to the battery? or is there a better place to hook them up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What kind of lights?
What do they draw?
And how do you want to turn them on?
Example with the ignition, light switch, a new switch etc?
P.S I'm fine just tired of the snow.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
everyone is tired of all the snow.It's fun to ride in, but enough is enough. The lights I have are just a 20.00 set from walmart. I'll use them when it's muddy on the trails. The stock lights get covered and I can't see anything. I'm going to mount a seperate switch, because they won't be used all the time.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
You gonna mount them to the handlebars or where?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got new moose racing handlebars. I don't know if I'm going to put them there or the plastic that covers the radiator.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
How many Watts do they pull?

·
Registered
15 Posts
everyone is tired of all the snow.It's fun to ride in, but enough is enough. The lights I have are just a 20.00 set from walmart. I'll use them when it's muddy on the trails. The stock lights get covered and I can't see anything. I'm going to mount a seperate switch, because they won't be used all the time.
If i were to add lights i would wire them under the seat where the battery is.
Using new wire from their and not splicing into any existing wires. Also make sure you put in a fuse inline with the positive wire on the battery side.
Then run the wire to the switch then lights. I would be careful not to have the switch on when the quad is not running. And i would also check the wattage on the lights. Not to pull more then the stator can handle.

·
Master of the Electron
15,411 Posts
If you're going to use a separate switch, wire it to the brown wire that comes from the key switch. This is fused at 20A already and when you turn the key off, the new lights will go off, along with your stockers. Else, if you want them to stay on with key off, wire switch to the red wire leading into the key switch.

Hopefully, they're no more than about 40-50 Watts each (80-100W total) or you will be taxing the stator's output and may drag down battery charge while they're on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts