Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the lil' Raptor back from having the new 10.5:1 piston and stage II CAM installed. I haven't had a chance to break them in yet, so I don't know how it runs. I also bought a StreamLine steering stabilizer. I wish I had the money for a-arms, axle and suspension.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I would have used the engine money to buy suspension...I saved for two years and was going to do the engine first but Im glad I was talked out of it

do you have any pictures of your raptor?

·
Registered
208 Posts
I can't wait to try out my vito's top end kit too. The snow here can't go away soon enough.

·
Registered
208 Posts
It's about one and a half hours north of Grand Rapids.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Not really, it's quite a drive but easily doable in a day. We left a little early and still had quite a bit of time to ride and make it home that night before dark. I don't remember how long it took us though. But that was with a goose neck trailer with 4 quads and a rzr.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would have used the engine money to buy suspension...I saved for two years and was going to do the engine first but Im glad I was talked out of it

do you have any pictures of your raptor?
Piston, CAM and gasket kit costs my $215

A-Arms will costs me almost $500
Axle will costs me over $300
Suspension will costs about $1500

That is why I did the engine stuff 1st. I mostly ride trails, haven't started MX yet. I do have some pics, look at my gallery, I also have a video on here.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I went with my cousin. It was my cousin and his grandpa and uncle, me, and a freind of me and my cousin. Sorry for jacking the thread JPW.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Piston, CAM and gasket kit costs my $215

A-Arms will costs me almost $500
Axle will costs me over $300
Suspension will costs about $1500

That is why I did the engine stuff 1st. I mostly ride trails, haven't started MX yet. I do have some pics, look at my gallery, I also have a video on here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGYLqu4w4wA
Are those holes in your hood? I didn't even notice them when you first put up the pictures. I really like the yellow hood too 8).

·
Registered
197 Posts
Ok I see why you went with engine for now...another good buy for you would be a Keihin FCR carb

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are those holes in your hood? I didn't even notice them when you first put up the pictures. I really like the yellow hood too 8).
Yep, I drilled a bunch of 1/4" holes in it. I painted it that color because I wanted some ol' skool Yamaha yelloe on it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok I see why you went with engine for now...another good buy for you would be a Keihin FCR carb
I do want to get a wider axle, long travel a-arms, and maybe even an extended swingarm, just don't have the money to do so right now.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yeah, this is definately not a cheap sport...don't worry though, you will eventually get it there. I waited over 2 years for mine to be where I want it so just have patience

1 - 15 of 15 Posts