Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of right now...im thinking of HC3, tech piston and +3 TB for the next upgrade. but my question is...will my stock clutch last long after the power increase? If not, should i be looking for a whole new clutch (basket, plates, hub and pressure plate) or can i still use part of the OEM clutch? Just from doing a quick search seems like people are pretty happy with a GYTR clutch or do i need to go in a different way? Thanks for your help :)

·
Registered
728 Posts
If you have some hours on your machine, definetly upgrade the clutch. I did a similar build and didn't change the clutch, got on the dyno and found my power curve not smooth due to a slipping clutch. I'm a ex-banshee guy and the big hp banshee's seem to have good luck with a kit from Driveline Performance. So I bought one and the kit comes with a extra friction so you can delete the smaller friction and the cushion springs. It was 74.00 to my door. That smaller friction is the weak link when adding hp. Mine was burnt to a crisp while the rest of the pack looked fine. I know DL700 offers a kit to do this as well. Hope that helps, good luck on the build.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts