Raptor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about what to do next to my 2001 660, i am thinking stage 1 hotcam for this summer then maybe some head work next winter. i am not trying to go any deeper into the motor than head or cam work. my mods are in my signature, let me know what you guys think:feedback:

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
From looking around the forum... porting doesnt do much for a 4-stroke, correct me if I am wrong. I think duals would do something. Good Luck.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Willy, is there a big difference doing a 3 plugger on stock bore/compression motor?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what kind of compression would you have to run to get a gain from a 3 plug head?

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
From looking around the forum... porting doesnt do much for a 4-stroke, correct me if I am wrong. I think duals would do something. Good Luck.
are you mentally challenged? you are VERY wrong

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
I thought I have heard people say that porting does not change power in a 4-stroke as it does in a 2-stroke. I never said I was right, and no I am not mentally challenged, that is just what I thought people said.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I thought I have heard people say that porting does not change power in a 4-stroke as it does in a 2-stroke. I never said I was right, and no I am not mentally challenged, that is just what I thought people said.

I have no idea where you may have read that..............

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
I want to see if jsanders347 really knows what he is talking about. So, now... if he doesnt know, he can look at your links.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
I want to see if jsanders347 really knows what he is talking about. So, now... if he doesnt know, he can look at your links.
check your pm's. read very carefully. sound out the words if theyre too big for you to read.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am thinking now maybe doing an 11:1 build! Questions are is there a great benefit to doing increase to 686 with new jug, or should i just up size my stock jug? which cam stage 1 or stage 2? i do not want to upgrade rod or crank at this time. Is this to much for stock rod and crank?

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Honestly you won't notice a difference whether you're at 101mm or 102mm bore, the biggest gain is coming from the compression increase.

If funds allow, stage 2 hotcam (this requires new valve springs also).

I ran a similar setup for a year and a half on the stock rod, didn't have any issues but when I got a port job and went with a more aggressive cam I did replace the stock rod and crank with the Hotrods setup.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts