Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of more pull or low end torque, I ride a lot of tuff terrain and most of the time my girl is on back with me, I weight 220 and she is 120 so 340lbs + gear, I just put a new RK chain on and sidewinder sprockets - uped the front to 14t because my raptor seemed like it needed a 6th gear, rear is 40t and tires are 20, I am happy with the speed, but now on a tuff trail she has no ass and I am shifting from 1 and 2 to much and fight it to much!

I don't want to drop it back to a 13t.

My power mods now are - power lid w/prodesign k&n, stock carbs rejeted, idrium spark plug, stock exhaust with baffle removed, BigGun rev box, 93 octane w/fuel treatments.
Need anymore info ask!

I was thinking of a few ideas but what some opinions - on a stage 1 cam w/springs, dial-a-jet because she gets bad when it gets bumpy, new exhaust maybe (not a dual fan) - will a higher compressin piston help?!?

Any ideas, opinions, or comments on getting more pull will be appreciated !!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
11.1 piston,stage 1 cam, ive never used a dial a jet but if i remember right most reputible builders dont like them, and sparks single exhaust.but most gain will see in prob going back to 13 tooth front sprocket.

·
Registered
386 Posts
all i read is that its a waste of time and $ unless you do extreme elevation changes or temp change (winter rides),cause of a/f ratio gets thinner with elevation or cold temp and lose HP.
I think this sort of thing is suited more for sleds than atv for this reason.
Like i said though i have never had one.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wait how do you ride with a passenger?

·
Registered
376 Posts
I was going to say go back to a 13 tooth sprocket, but i see its already been said above

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ride slower and safer when she is with me and brainbuckets, boots, gloves all the time but I ride like I'm hellbound by myself, it's the slow putting around in the woods were my raptor suffers power lose, I believe it is the crappy twin carbs that r killing me, any ideas on improving them?

Ps - I am planning on gettin her a 450 wolverine or something like it

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I ride slower and safer when she is with me and brainbuckets, boots, gloves all the time but I ride like I'm hellbound by myself, it's the slow putting around in the woods were my raptor suffers power lose, I believe it is the crappy twin carbs that r killing me, any ideas on improving them?

Ps - I am planning on gettin her a 450 wolverine or something like it
My 3 pluger has all the bottom end (with the stock carbs & set up for the woods) that I need & then some..Top end is insane....:D
Its just a diffrent route that alot of people dont understand..

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
The proper way to achieve this is to go back to the 13 or go to a 12 tooth sprocket to increase your bottom end performance then do some mods to increase your top end performance................

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
I'd say you should be good with the sprocket change, as has been suggested previously, but the big thing is going to be riding by yourself. Good Lord, I'm all the way to the back of the seat as it is myself, anyone else would be trying to keep their ass on the grab bar...

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I did some lookin around and I am going with a with a HMF performance series full exhaust, a new cam not sure what one lookin at HotCam stage 1 or a Web Cam but not sure - suggestions welcome. A Wiseco Piston kit 11:1 - with a higher compression piston will I need to do anything else also what bore 100.00 is std no boring or 100.50 witch needs boring or a 9.9:1 - 100.50 no boring

1) What Cam?
2) What Piston Kit?

·
Registered
386 Posts
i agree with willy imo i would go to 13 sprocket and stage 2 cam with 11.1 piston

1 - 20 of 33 Posts