Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Sorry, I should have described more. I have a small oil leak coming from somewhere and I removed the skid plates, cleaned it, and tried to figure out where its coming from but I cant find it. Its not anything really bad but I still dont want it leaking. I was just thinking of replacing some of the gaskets to see if that helps but was just wondering where the most common leak spots were.

ps your Avatar freaks my mind! :wow:

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I'd check near the wettest part of engine and determine what's there. It could be blow by coming out crank case vent. Your base gasket clutch or side cover maybe even the yamabond failed and cases leaking there's tons of possibilities give us a picture or describe front left of engine or say right side or vise versa.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Check the front sprocket seal..

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The oil on my skidplate it mostly near the back. Also some oil by where the oil tank hose connects to the engine near the shifter. I cleaned it all up and ill let it dry and idle it for a bit and see what I can find.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Check all lines to ensure they are tight.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So looks like this is where its dripping from. Tried to tighten it but it seems like its pretty tight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts