Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am wanting to put a 734 kit on my raptor as well as other important supporting mods. I am pretty new with tearing down the motor for a rebuild. I was wondering what you would consider 'must have' supporting mods such as bored tb and cam. I live near sea level and want to stay pump gas safe so compression will be 11:1. I would say my budget would be around 1500 bucks tops. Any and all suggestions and comments welcome. Thanks.

·
Registered
415 Posts
nope not necessary. just a big 3 really, and the better your flow, the better your power. a big cam and p&p head would make it alot better, but not necessary. plus i don't think that porting is in your 1500 budget if that includes the bb kit. you may be able to get a big cam, valve springs and clearanced rockers with you budget.

·
Registered
555 Posts
If the 734 BB kit is part of the $1500 budget it's going to be a challenge. Looks like about $600 or so for that, leaving about $900.

First your going to need is a efi controller. Sounds like you're going to be into it so buy the right one first - get a PC3 or PC5. Used they can be found for around $200

An intake is next. Many speak of the FCI being the best, but they're about $200, $300 if you need to run the box. Many other adapter filter kits work very well and can be had for under $100 used. Your call on what to spend.

Exhaust - always a debate about duals or single. If your going BB perhaps the dual is the way to go. Expect to pay $500 used.

That pretty much eats your $1500 budget but I'd strongly recommend getting a cam to go with the piston and other mods. If you want top end power, do the HC3. More low/mid I'd recommend the HC2. Either can be found used for under $100.

Next would be to add a +3 throttle body $200, followed by an ignition module $300.

Hope that helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts