Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so sat im going to look at a 04 660. i asked him what is wrong at first he says "i dunno needs engine im guessing". i asked what was it doing for him to assume that. he said it cranks but won't start. in the craigslist add he says it need a spark plug and battary but other than that its complete. im assuming it has been sitting but don't know for sure im thinking maybe its just the carbs and he doesn't know it.Is there any way to tell if the motor is in good shape without starting it?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Ok so sat im going to look at a 04 660. i asked him what is wrong at first he says "i dunno needs engine im guessing". i asked what was it doing for him to assume that. he said it cranks but won't start. in the craigslist add he says it need a spark plug and battary but other than that its complete. im assuming it has been sitting but don't know for sure im thinking maybe its just the carbs and he doesn't know it.Is there any way to tell if the motor is in good shape without starting it?
Dump the oil and check it for debris and even better, cut apart the oil filter and check for debris between the filter pleats........

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, is there anything i can do before i buy it tho? i mean i would change the oil and filter if i get it and could look at that then. but is there anything i can do while he watches? he doesn't sound like he's mechincal at all, but maybe hes just trying to sound that way to dump it on me..

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
ok, is there anything i can do before i buy it tho? i mean i would change the oil and filter if i get it and could look at that then. but is there anything i can do while he watches? he doesn't sound like he's mechincal at all, but maybe hes just trying to sound that way to dump it on me..
For a few bucks you can buy a filter, even if you dont by it, it isnt a big loss, better to be out 5 or 6 bucks then the purchase price and have a junk engine.............use tin snips and gloves...........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts