Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my 660 just got pulled a couple of days ago. There was nothing wrong just wanting a few more mods. It already has a 11:1 piston, Hot Cams stage 1, K&N with pro flow intake, and a full Yoshimura exhaust. The guy that is doing the head work suggested 1mm bigger valves and port work. Any opinions? He says this will really wake it up. I told him I ride trails and dunes mostly.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Well my 660 just got pulled a couple of days ago. There was nothing wrong just wanting a few more mods. It already has a 11:1 piston, Hot Cams stage 1, K&N with pro flow intake, and a full Yoshimura exhaust. The guy that is doing the head work suggested 1mm bigger valves and port work. Any opinions? He says this will really wake it up. I told him I ride trails and dunes mostly.
Tell your guy to avoid touching the exhaust ports except polishing and to concentrate on the intakes ports and not to worry about the valve size unless you are planning some real improvements...........

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the kind of riding I do you would stick with the stock size valves? I trail ride mostly and go to the dunes twice a year. Down the road maybe a 686.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So stick with the stock size valves and just do the port work basically on the intake side and just polish the exhaust side? This will still make a considerable difference though?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
So stick with the stock size valves and just do the port work basically on the intake side and just polish the exhaust side? This will still make a considerable difference though?
If the porting is done properly, it will make a difference, if not, you may end up with problems.......................:)

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
IMO sell that cam and get a stage 2. Requires heavier valve springs also, but this will give you a lot more usable power. Stage 1 is torquey and fun as hell, but really lacks a lot of mid-top end

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We do quite a bit of trail riding and hit Silver Lake sand dunes about twice a year so SegKast and Willykiller you guys would suggest in addition to what I have done is some port work and a Hot Cams stage 2. Am I going to lose much of my bottom end for trail riding?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts