Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
It's been done many times before, but I'm not 100% sure if anyone who is a member here has done it.

What powerplant are you thinking of using?

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
I've seen one or two do a yzf600 swap, that R6 should scream. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
199 Posts
any updates on this??? i wanted to do an R6, but not a lot of them are scrapped around here.

Pics or updates at least would be awesome.

Any links to past installs?

·
Registered
10 Posts
i am actually doing a raptor660 build right now it will have a gsxr1000 motor as soon as i find one for a good price.

does anyone know if it will require any frame cutting to do the swap?
or
do i just need to build mounts for it?

thanks

·
Registered
199 Posts
i am actually doing a raptor660 build right now it will have a gsxr1000 motor as soon as i find one for a good price.

does anyone know if it will require any frame cutting to do the swap?
or
do i just need to build mounts for it?

thanks
i wish we could just do mounts. Im talking to a more knowledgeable member on here about it nad i have some pics of the yamaha swaps.

You have to drop the frame, A LOT ... like 6 inches
It looks like a lot of fab. SO to answer your question its basically 1. cut frame and 2. build new mounts as well. More like a 2 for 1.

Why are you going to a 1000cc? isnt that a bit too big?
I have a gsxr600 readily available and a 900cc as well for around 1000$.

Im not too worried about the price of the engine and components, its more of the frame that needs to be completely rebuilt, not sure if im up for it.

Good luck and keep in touch with pics and such as you go along. There are no pics on here from what ive seen.

I think you will need to factor in a good amount of hours to get it looking clean and oem. Thats the only way im doing it, otherwise ill just stick with my stock motor.

·
Registered
199 Posts
i found more info on the swap.

Looks like i will be going ahead with it. PM if you run into issues, i will be doing mine starting around Dec 08.

Im kinda stumped as i could probably just buy the separate parts and make a second quad LOL.

Ill see if some raptors are going for sale locally at affordable prices without engines in them. Year wouldnt matter to me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts