Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Valley Boy
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading through a dirt wheelers magazine and came across an add for motorworks so checked their site out. I have been on here looking around to see what people have to say about the motoworks exhaust and it seems that it is a decent setup. Not the best out there (for big numbers) but I'm not looking for huge numbers, just a little more sound and performance. I also saw in the add they have a fmi controller and it appears to be a dobeck style but I could be wrong. The fmi is 199 and I think the exhaust is 449 on the motorworks website and I was thinking about trying to locate some parts over the next little while for a good price. I haven't checked ebay or other online sites but I'm assuming directly from the company will be about what it would cost new. I've been poking around in the classifieds to see if there is anything there. Even if I buy each part separate and I can get a different header to work with the slip-on. Anyways, I guess I'm more or less wondering about the FMI as I would like to get something to add more fuel with the exhaust/header (as I am running a K&N filter now). I'm not going to be modifying the raptor anymore so I thought the dobeck style would do what I'm looking for. Any insight or if anyone knows of some used stuff for sale I'd be interested.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Id be patient and look for a used full system on the site or craigslist in your area, the sparks x6 imo is a really good single for all around performance and sound, and sometimes the used pipe comes with a controller for a really good deal. Don't just buy something cause you read about it in dw, there are better pipes out there for ur money....use thethe search function toit look upfor info onon single pipesand there alotfor of good info on it cause its been discussed alot......just sayin is all.

·
Valley Boy
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I was on here for hours last night...I like the motoworks exhaust but really I'll probably wait until I find something used somewhere. I'm not really picky with what I get just want something to add a little more sounds and help turn my 22lb gator rear tires.

·
Valley Boy
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it seems I may have found an FMF Q2...gonna watch some videos of it when I get home but I did find a dyno graph and it seems to give more hp and tq through the entire powerband.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Definitely do your research before you purchase anything and be patient. Ive burned my self a few times by buying something to quick.

·
Valley Boy
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah..for me it really comes down to what I can get a good deal on. I'm not picky and not really looking for the best setup out there just something with a little more sound and performance. I have a few options at this time, time will tell what gets installed.

·
Valley Boy
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I guess I'm gonna get an HMF full system for my anniversary :) Can't wait to get it on the bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts