Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... i got my DR d revers lever installed.... I am wanting to move the key to the fender... and i know how to do it and everything....
but are you guys that move the key to the fender, leaving your plastic piece that goes over the handlebars (the plastic piece that the key was is) like on the handlebars, just with that hole open where the key was.. ? ? ? Or are you all taking the piece off and just leaving the bolts showing that clamp the handlebars down ? ? ?
Could you all post some pics of your bars, without the plastic piece over the the bars....
Also i think that many of you have the trailtech stuff.... can you guys post a few pics of your trailtech bar clamps - also state which bar clamp you got from trail tech... bcs if i get one, i want one WITHOUT the key hole... (just dont know which one that is)...but a bar clamp that the VAPOR can mount on....

thanks guys...
Plattner

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I am waiting for my Dr. D to come in, I will prob have to buy new handlebars and clamps to make it look nicer than the ugly clamps for the stock bars.

·
Registered
899 Posts

I have the TT with the key hole. I have since moved the key to the fender. The key hole on the TT clamp is removable.

·
Registered
657 Posts
This is how mine looked before my levers. I will have to get a new pic with my ASV Levers installed.

Jay

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oil700 - that is what i am wanting - bcs i want to be able to remove the ket hole.... so with that TT clamp, CAN you mount the VAPOR to it ? ? ?
if so .... which clamp is that... can you like give me a link...

Plattner

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what size are the factory bars ? ? (7/8 or 1 or 1 1/8).... i have aftermarket MOOSE bars... but i know that they are the same size as the factory ones were....
I saw that link is for the 1 1/8 bar clamp.... for some reason i want to say mine are 7/8 ? ? ? if they arent the 1 1/8 can you give me the link for the bar clamps that i need...

but yes - that clamp is exactly what i want... i want to be able to take the key hole off.... and i want the VAPOR to be able to clamp on to it...

thanks Plattner

·
Registered
40 Posts
Here you have the stock without the plastic.

An aftermarket bar/clamps would be nicer but it don't looks all that bad like this.
More important mods to be done before this one...

Cheers!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have moose handle bars.... i think they are 7/8.... how do i measure handlebars ? ? to see what they are ? ?

Plattner

If i have to buy new handlebars.... which do you suggest - the portaper SE's... are they 1 1/8 or 7/8 ? ?

·
Registered
899 Posts
SEs are 7/8....hence the Seven Eighths. If you didn’t need to buy clamps for you’re moose bars then they are 7/8.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ha ha ok thanks for explaining the SE to me... ha ha

I really dont want to have to buy new handlebars ... . I was really hoping to just buy a TrailTech bar clamp that i could mount my VAPOR (once i get one)...
Anyone have any suggestions on what to do...

Plattner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts