Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am be moving to SC in the Spring. I think I will be in the Greenville area.Amy one from there and how is the riding down there?

Thanks

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well its a go! I just got my offer letter on Friday 13th! Today was good day!

I am moving to Columbia SC in the next 60 to 90 days. I have to sell my house in Va. 1st.

Any advice on places to live? I am looking at Lake Murray, Irmo, Lextington. Also any feed back on schools, have to keep the wife and the two kids happy. Happy family = more ride time for daddy!

Now to the more inportant things, Were can I ride in Columbia? I know about all the parks, but I like the good old trails or small mx track in the wood with no cost shit! I am old school and old person who is still fast, I think....

·
Registered
793 Posts
Do you have to move to Columbia? I think Charleston is a better spot. Much better. First off there is about 30-40 miles of trails right down the rode about 20 minutes. Then there is a new trail in myrtle beach. I beleive that one is much faster. The one by charleton is tight with small hills. Charleston is also just so much better than Columbia. Nicer place IMO. If I had to choose Columbia .. I would say Irmo out of your choices. :thumbsup: Take a visit first if you have the option to choose.

It seems as though you have to go to Columbia though. So I would choose Irmo. Nice schools in Irmo also. One of my friend lives there and he tells me it is a great spot to live in. Irmo High is a nice school I know for sure though.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ice4me said:
Do you have to move to Columbia? I think Charleston is a better spot. Much better. First off there is about 30-40 miles of trails right down the rode about 20 minutes. Then there is a new trail in myrtle beach. I beleive that one is much faster. The one by charleton is tight with small hills. Charleston is also just so much better than Columbia. Nicer place IMO. If I had to choose Columbia .. I would say Irmo out of your choices. :thumbsup: Take a visit first if you have the option to choose.

It seems as though you have to go to Columbia though. So I would choose Irmo. Nice schools in Irmo also. One of my friend lives there and he tells me it is a great spot to live in. Irmo High is a nice school I know for sure though.
Ice,

It looks like I will have to live in Columbia.....

Thanks for the heads up on Irmo. I will have to travel all over the state with my new position so driving to ride in Charleston or MB is no big deal for me. Sounds like you live in Charleston. I will shoot you a PM once i get moved in and you can show me some places to ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts