Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,i have 2011 raptor 700 R SE and i just install brand new MSD blaster fi 4248 on my quad.
I run it with on the pre-tune maps that i get and i run it on option 6 (added pic of service manual).
I have DMC force 4 duel exhaust,cam stage 1 by HOTCAMS,oem air intake with air box lid off,stock piston and i use 95 octane fuel.
I ride usually in trails and sometimes at dunes. There is big difference so far,but its run not like it's should to be,and some riders told me beacause i ride the wrong maps.
I try to take it to a tuner but we don't have anyone that messing with quad tunes (shitty goverment and they stupid rules...).
This anyone can PLEASE help me to get good map for me?
THANK YOU

:D:D

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Nice quad bro, i have the msd and i not found maps :( i have a dual LTE , uni air filter an use mode 3 ( i use 95 octane fuel. ) works fine but not perfect

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice quad bro, i have the msd and i not found maps :( i have a dual LTE , uni air filter an use mode 3 ( i use 95 octane fuel. ) works fine but not perfect
I use 95 octane too and i didnt find map too.
Its run much better then the oem ecu but it's not perfect ???

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,800 Posts
Hey guys,i have 2011 raptor 700 R SE and i just install brand new MSD blaster fi 4248 on my quad.
I run it with on the pre-tune maps that i get and i run it on option 6 (added pic of service manual).
I have DMC force 4 duel exhaust,cam stage 1 by HOTCAMS,oem air intake with air box lid off,stock piston and i use 95 octane fuel.
THANK YOU

:D:D
The use of to much octane, (95), can cause poor performance without more compression. Recommended octane is 87 - 89 for factory compression. Higher octane burns slower to prevent pinging in high compression motors.

To the OP, I would try map #3 or #2 with 91 octane.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The use of to much octane, (95), can cause poor performance without more compression. Recommended octane is 87 - 89 for factory compression. Higher octane burns slower to prevent pinging in high compression motors.

To the OP, I would try map #3 or #2 with 91 octane.
95 octane is the only fuel that available here.we dont got something alse...

·
10,800 Posts
Try map #3 and #2, see if either works better.

·
Registered
323 Posts
In the USA we rate our fuel (R+M)/2. RON and MON are the two fuel ratings for fuel. Not all countries do this, that's why their 95 is not as good as our 93 octane fuel.

·
10,800 Posts
So what you think? Try mode 2,3 or 6?
Are you in Cuba or Israel?
In the USA, regular is 87 octane and super/premium is 91/92 octane is R+M/2
In Cuba, regular is 91 RON octane, and super/premium is 95 RON octane
In Costa Rica regular is 91 RON, and super/premium is 95 RON
In Israel, regular is 95 RON and super/premium is 98 RON

So it gets confusing around the world. If you only have 95 RON available your only choices are #4, #5, and #6. None of those have 'timing added'. I'm not familiar with the MSD either, but all maps are able to be changed. You can try each map and take the best of each at different RPM's and make your own custom map. You WILL have to keep a close watch on the color of your spark plug.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are you in Cuba or Israel?
In the USA, regular is 87 octane and super/premium is 91/92 octane is R+M/2
In Cuba, regular is 91 RON octane, and super/premium is 95 RON octane
In Costa Rica regular is 91 RON, and super/premium is 95 RON
In Israel, regular is 95 RON and super/premium is 98 RON

So it gets confusing around the world. If you only have 95 RON available your only choices are #4, #5, and #6. None of those have 'timing added'. I'm not familiar with the MSD either, but all maps are able to be changed. You can try each map and take the best of each at different RPM's and make your own custom map. You WILL have to keep a close watch on the color of your spark plug.
First of all,thank you for your explain,i learn something now????
I'm from israel.we have 98 RON but it's rare to find.i thought to buy big amount of it,but it's problem for me.
In the next weekend i take for a ride and switch between the modes and find the correct one.
Thank you,i'm appreciate it.

·
10,800 Posts
The Power Commander 5 is more popular then the MSD, therefore there isn't very much support for it and most end up getting it dyno tuned. But, with some time you can develop your own custom map. You will need some patience too, and as said, keep a eye on your spark plug color. If it is white, you need to add fuel to the map.

What kind of riding do you have. Around town or are there trails or lots of sand?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Power Commander 5 is more popular then the MSD, therefore there isn't very much support for it and most end up getting it dyno tuned. But, with some time you can develop your own custom map. You will need some patience too, and as said, keep a eye on your spark plug color. If it is white, you need to add fuel to the map.

What kind of riding do you have. Around town or are there trails or lots of sand?
Trails and sometimes dunes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts