Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,i have 11' raptor 700 with stage 1 cam od hotcams and DMC duel exhausts.i want to buy an controller and i dont know what is the best for me,the msd or pcv?and which one of them is more easy to tune?i usally ride in the dunes.thanks

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,043 Posts
Lots of people like the MSD, but there isn't the map support like there is for the PC5. There are lots of compatible maps on the DynoJet site. Either can be tuned on a dyno and the PC5 can be self tuned with a D.J. Auto Tune.

AND, when you buy a newer bike, the PC5 will fit all up to 2020, where the MSD won't fit from (I think) '14 and newer.

There may be a guy on the forum to share a map, PC5 with DMC exhaust. Do you need a air cleaner? I have a used FCI system in great shape for sale. PM if interested.

Also, FYI, the Stage 1 cam isn't the correct choice for dune riding. You should at least have a Stage 2 with factory piston, or a Stage 3 if the piston is 10.5:1 or more.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm already order the msd.im not from usa and we dont have good tuners or dyno to check it correctly,and i have friend with the same set that he he got good map.i know the stage 1 cam didnt go well with ride dune,only after i install it i figure it out.i sent you PM on the fci kit.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,043 Posts
I answered your PM but you haven't replied back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts