Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago I remember seeing some sort of foam you can put between your skid plate and engine to stop the mud building up.......did I imagine this or is there such a product out there?

Thanks,

Ez

·
Registered
675 Posts
Don't know,but, i wanted to subscribe to this thread.Scott.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Maybe spray it down with WD-40? It might not stop the mud from building up, but it might make it easier to clean off.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
I think this is it Bro!

Neoprene (Similar to Monarch): Flexible and durable sponge rubber that provides good thermal & moisture insulation and form fitting which is able to resist ozone, sunlight, oxidation, many petroleum derivatives and chemicals. Neoprene foam can also resist breakdown by water, and can become temporarily stable because water & air can be come isolated in its unique molecular structure. Some of the many uses of neoprene include sports gloves, waders, wet suits, insulated can-holders, knee & elbow pads, expansion joint filler in masonry & concrete and filler support sealant in traffic bearing joints.

Heres the link: http://www.closedcellfoams.com/neoprene.html

Some just prefer to hose it down after each race. Remember that air passing under will help with the case cooling even with the skids. So im wondering if it would be good to add some closed-cell foam dont use open-cell foam its the same as a sponge and will soak up all that dirty water! Just my 2 cents...HOPE this HELPS!

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks bud.

That's a damn fine point about air curculation around the engine.:) I think I'll just stick to hosing it down. I was only interested as I've had so much mud in there lately.

Thanks again,

Ez

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
No prob! Glad i could help you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.