Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new raptor 350 the other day!! but i have a few questions...

1. Is it ok to beat this atv through mud alot??
2. Does the tires on it matter when your going through mud? if so what tires are the best for it??
3. When cleaning the atv do u need to cover anything or not get water some places??

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Congratulations! You should be alright to have fun with it in the mud, but I wouldn't go ahead thinking you are going to be able to go through things that a big 4x4 ute is going to make it through. There will always be some tires that will be better than others for mud riding, you might want to look at some ITP Mudlite SP's, especially if you want to get into some heavier mud, those are a solid mud tire. As far as cleaning goes, you shouldn't have too much to worry about, it's not like you are going to be submerging it in a pool of water to clean it, at least I hope not! Let us know what you think of the new ride!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Man, I asked the same questions when I first got mine since the guys that I first rode with all had Grizzly 4x4s. As long as you don't completely submerge it, you should be fine. Don't go in water deeper than 12"-14" just to be safe. But I have put mine through some shit following those utility quads and it hasn't hurt a thing. Just be mindful of what you go through as far as mud/water depth. And when you clean it, try not to directly spray water into the exhaust tip or on the upper part of the engine where your carb is.

Have fun riding!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ya man go for it i have a 03 raptor 660 with ITP mud lite tires on it ( they rock). And was going through the river (about 2.5 feet deep ) with it and went through easy.

·
The All American
401 Posts
Check out this months dirtwheels! the 700 has better potential to go through deeper mud because of the intake location vs a 4x4! I run ITP GNCC tires and they are amazing in the mud. As long as you can stay out of the ruts you will be fine! just make sure you keep that chain oiled and keep an eye on the carrier bearings.

·
Bayou Boi / Team 57 Racing
96 Posts
I really like the stock tires! They have a nice self cleaning pattern.

Here a vid on youtube of me doing some mud riding.

·
RF Moderating Team Member / Wheelie Master
4,326 Posts

·
Bayou Boi / Team 57 Racing
96 Posts
Louisiana mud has that nice soft landing :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys!!!! and ill look into some new tires maybe!
And ill keep yall updated!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Man, I asked the same questions when I first got mine since the guys that I first rode with all had Grizzly 4x4s. As long as you don't completely submerge it, you should be fine. Don't go in water deeper than 12"-14" just to be safe. But I have put mine through some shit following those utility quads and it hasn't hurt a thing. Just be mindful of what you go through as far as mud/water depth. And when you clean it, try not to directly spray water into the exhaust tip or on the upper part of the engine where your carb is.

Have fun riding!
haha and i ride with a bunch of Grizzly 4x4s too! all my friends have them. But thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
10 Posts
after riding and cleaning i take a look in my air box to make sure it nice and cleen after a muddy ride so that dirt dosen make it any where else. have fun because it feels good when you make it though that strim of mudd that you didnt think was possable. i like the stock tires they do pretty good, but or course mud tred will do better but probally lose top speed/ control.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts