Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been toying with the thought of trying some MX. I have a buddy who races on a yfz450 and he does all the local mx and national races. I have too much money into my bike to get rid of it plus I love my 660. would a 660 stand a chance against 450's on a mx track? I have no racing backround anyways so I don't expect to win I just wanna keep up... what do you think?

·
THE SAND DUNES HAVE RULES ----- "Follow Them"-
732 Posts
I think your Quad will keep up, if you can keep up. The hole point is to go out there and have fun. And remember, riding over your head doesn't get the bills paid.

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not going to try and make money...but I wouldn't mind some trophies :D would it be too late for me to get into the game at 26 when I've never been on a track before? I imgine I would look something like this :D

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Lol nice!

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
You will be able to play, but you're not going to be competitive unless your local tracks are missing talent and 450s.

That video was amusing for a bit, until it became clear it was staged. Your experience will look more like a huevos crash at 1/4 scale if you try too ride faster than your and your 660's ability.

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah thats Mark Freeman he's a canadian pro rider he does a lot of those "Goon riding" videos. Once I get comfortable with jumping I think it wouldn't be too bad. I can handle my bike fine but my biggest worry is stamina because I'm a 26 year old 200 lb smoker..... I'll have to get in shape over the winter. power won't be an issue thanks to Willy. and I have elkas all the way around with LSR a-arms and +2 swinger. I just need to gusset the frame and make sure it will be able to hold the abuse.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Ive been on a few tracks for fun and only for fun. hard to stay competitive without the right setup nor the in shape factor. i always have to tell myself just be careful because i have $h!t to pay for when i get back home!

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thats another thing is I can't risk an injury but my girlfriend thinks I should try it because my raptor is the only thing I enjoy... I should probably just try some local drags

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
I like to do just about anything on my bike for the fun of it...dunes, track, trails, flat track....i just enjoy riding. im pretty lucky i have two friends with private tracks so thats where i mostly do track riding.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts