Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do yaw think i could mx my raptor cuz ive been thinkging about doing it cuz no one wants to....what do yaw think?
+2 a-arms... elka shocks...durablue axle.... u think it would beable to keep up wiht the lil 450's?

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Daryn C said:
do yaw think i could mx my raptor cuz ive been thinkging about doing it cuz no one wants to....what do yaw think?
+2 a-arms... elka shocks...durablue swingarm.... u think it would beable to keep up wiht the lil 450's?
I dont know lol it matte... :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
Before it was released Yamaha said thier pro riders were turning in better lap times with stock 700's than they did with stock 06 yfz's. While that could have been a marketing ploy, I have placed a little stock in it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I just raced locally in the great lakes quad racing association in michigan,wisconsin. I took 3rd out of 9. Everyone was set up except me. I ran a stock raptor 700 everyone else had a 450 whether a yamaha or honda with wider a arms and aftermarket shocks so id at least try mx on the raptor. its got the torque

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm in the process of setting my raptor up for XC racing. I should have my revalved elkas back next week and hit the Atlantic Grand Prix race in New Jersey the week of the 14th.

·
Registered
202 Posts
yea my friends have mx yfzs and I have no problem keeping up with or even beating them :grin_nod:....if a full mx raptor and full mx yfz race I think it would come down to the rider

·
Registered
91 Posts
my bike is fully setup for mx and i didn't buy all that stuff to lose. I race in the xtreme world arenacross series in ms and i am in first place in the points with a buttload of 450s behind and this is indoors, tight turns, big jumps with just barely enough room to get your speed up kinda racing and i just throw it in 2nd and chugg through the turns and hit 3rd for the jumps while the 450s are shifting their feet off. The link below is a pic of me racing. The have photo people who take pics of you and then try to sell them to you after the race.

http://www.linkmotofoto.com/pics/093006/quads/_9305850.JPG

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I've beem mx racing here in guam with mine and I love it. It jumps great has power for days and I can run most of the track in 3rd ocasonly needing 2nd and 4th while everbody else is shifting non stop. Other than my lack of skill and being new I can keep up with them and have no problem just out powering yfz's and ltr's and a couple of banshees that race with us too. The biggest thing I found that helped with performance for me, after shocks was a steering stabilizer. Our track is hard pack and choppy though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts