Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, it's been a while since I posted here. Back than I rode a nice 350 (http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56923) but I sold it and bought the worst 660 you can imagine. I had many problems with it and didn't really enjoy it, that's why I didn't bother to show it here. But I got rid of it, finally.

Anyway, this is my new Raptor 700 SE:

It was basically a standard 700 with nerf bars, but it's in very good condition. I used the set of wheels I already owned, had them on my 350 and 660. Rimms are ITP SS112 with Maxxis road tyres.

Now for a little more punch I installed a dual exhaust system from Belgian manufacturer FP and a Power Commander III.

The next mods are:
- KW lowering springs
- 16t front sprocket
- better intake system

What do you think?

·
734RStreetScraper
358 Posts
i like it!
mmm, you sound familiar, do i know you?
hihi:D
have fun!:beer:

·
LOOK UP IN THE SKY ITS A BIRD, A PLANE, THAT'S THE
547 Posts
man that is nice ,i like the colors of it together !:D man like i always say when i see road legal ,WE NEED THIS IN THE STATES!:mad: great ride man have fun !:D

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I like it, she looks great. I do believe it might be a 2008 instead of 2007 because I think that color scheme was offered in 2008, at least in the states. That's one of my favorite SE colors, the wheels look good with it too. Lucky69, you can ride your Rappy road legal if you decide you want to live in Arizona. That's what I want to do just need a big bore lol

·
Registered
749 Posts
that's one of my fav color schemes also. looks great! you're so lucky you can ride on the road

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! :)

I checked the tenth digit of the VIN and it's a 7, also my registration papers say it's from 2007. Wierd, eh?

Anyway, yesterday I installed the KW lowering springs. The new look is awesome, I love it. And the bike drifts more easy now, the handling has improved a lot.

What do you guys think?

Next upgrades: better intake system. Then to the Dynojet test center to optimize the PC settings.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was not happy with the dual FP pipes. Great power at low revs but noisy and the left pipe was too close to the chain due to the KW suspension.

I bought a set of DMC Force 4 duals and a Pro Design intake at TQSATV.com, excellent shop and fast international shipping. Highly recommended.

Pro Design intake and K&N filter, man what a difference with the standard intake:

Found a map for this setup w/o quiet cores, I installed quiet cores but I think this map will be pretty close for now:

Installing the DMCs was very easy, removed the previous exhaust and installed the DMCs in less than an hour. The build quality is great and I didn't need to make anything fit, no drilling or bending.

·
Registered
332 Posts
looks great. i bet thats fun to ride on the street.

·
THE SAND DUNES HAVE RULES ----- "Follow Them"-
732 Posts
Looking good. I like the red & white.8)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts