Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2004 Raptor for a trail bike. It was in bad condition carbs need rebuilt luckily I have a best friend that works on 4 wheelers.so he rebuilt the carbs and adjusted the valve we replaced the bent axle ,the bent steering stem and bearings,had no grabber bar on back.no front bumper plus multiple other odds and ends . I have spent 1300 dollars on parts only. But now I need a wiring diagram since the kids I bought messed up the wiring please help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now I have bought a pcm stage 3 and a hot cam stage 2 and a 12 to 1 piston I need to know what jets I need in the carb

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,190 Posts
Now I have bought a pcm stage 3 and a hot cam stage 2 and a 12 to 1 piston I need to know what jets I need in the carb
No jetting change is necessary unless you change the intake or exhaust. The ignition, cam or compression don't affect the air/fuel ratio.

·
Registered
355 Posts
If you had a lid on an air box and removed it go richer. If you add a BB or stroke crank it will require a leaner main jet. When you add displacement it causes a stronger signal in the carb and pulls more fuel.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,190 Posts
If you had a lid on an air box and removed it go richer. If you add a BB or stroke crank it will require a leaner main jet. When you add displacement it causes a stronger signal in the carb and pulls more fuel.
I believe stronger velocity will bring fuel as well as airflow, keeping the fuel mixture consistent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts