Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, posting from Mesa Az. I decided after much deliberation to go with Kenz Cycle Tech for my build. I feel confident enough in his ablities that I hauled my Bike from Washington state to his shop in Mesa Az, a 26 hr 1600 mile trip for me. I just dropped my Bike off there today, I am very impressed with Ken's operation, his equipment and his knowledge and ability to do in house R&D and flow bench work to see what the 700R needs to make good useable HP all the way to the Rev limiter and take it to the next level. I'll pick it up in Jan right before FSW VI if all goes well, I'll report how it runs after I ride and race it at the hill in Glamis :grin_nod:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Im getting the full meal deal also. Big bore- no sleeves
Full porting, 6mil stroke and a good cam. But still run pump
gas!!! Should be about a week and a half away. :grin_nod:
The first one he has done, dyno'd 60+'s foot lbs torque, with
stock cam.

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Man that sounds sweet!! Keep us updated on progress :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Hell of a ride, could you not have just sent the motor. Guess you wanted check the place out. Well hope you get what you want knowing you did all your homework and will get what you want. Congrats.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
geez, should have gone with you and split the gas. BUT, I really should just keep saving my money so that I dont tax out a credit card!

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quicker660r said:
Nice!! I hope to see it run at FSW! 8)

If Ken can get it done by then (he's super busy and I told him not to do a rush job)
and they can get the permit and even have FSW, I'll be there :grin_nod:

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
135boom said:
geez, should have gone with you and split the gas. BUT, I really should just keep saving my money so that I dont tax out a credit card!

A third person would have been nice on the trip to share the fuel and the driving.
My buddy Big Daddy660R and I shared the fuel expenses and driving. Kenz is working over his 660 drag rappy for him also :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
700rider said:
Hell of a ride, could you not have just sent the motor. Guess you wanted check the place out. Well hope you get what you want knowing you did all your homework and will get what you want. Congrats.... :thumbsup:

Exactly, I wanted to meet Ken and tour the shop before laying down hard earned money.
I was impressed with his operation and I'm sure he make my 700R a real runner :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
700rider said:

Exactly, I wanted to meet Ken and tour the shop before laying down hard earned money.
I was impressed with his operation and I'm sure he make my 700R a real runner :thumbsup:
should be pretty sweet man. Cant wait for you to get it back! :thumbsup: (as I am sure you cant either)

·
Vendor - Rip Ass Connoisseur & Turbo Junkie
733 Posts
Hey Randy, Mine is coming apart today I think, they need to get it apart to see what needs to be purchased. I sold the Cam, springs and crank already(pending inspection of course) it takes 4 weeks or so to build the custom piston.....a one off if you will. it will be fun hopefully at FSW we can go blasting around. I have already got a parking spot lined up down there with Tim from Yarnell (Marvin Shaw Shocks).
Just whether or not I can get there,weather and all. If not I will pick up my bike and yours if needed and bring them to Reno to save on your travel! I'm Leaving For Hawaii on Thursday and I'm not sure about internet over there so I will be back after 26th and we'll talk then!

Have a good Turkey day,

mike

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Shredder770 said:
Hey Randy, Mine is coming apart today I think, they need to get it apart to see what needs to be purchased. I sold the Cam, springs and crank already(pending inspection of course) it takes 4 weeks or so to build the custom piston.....a one off if you will. it will be fun hopefully at FSW we can go blasting around. I have already got a parking spot lined up down there with Tim from Yarnell (Marvin Shaw Shocks).
Just whether or not I can get there,weather and all. If not I will pick up my bike and yours if needed and bring them to Reno to save on your travel! I'm Leaving For Hawaii on Thursday and I'm not sure about internet over there so I will be back after 26th and we'll talk then!

Have a good Turkey day,

mike
come again......I have been gone for a while.....something happen or what? :3question:

·
Vendor - Rip Ass Connoisseur & Turbo Junkie
733 Posts
135boom said:
Shredder770 said:

Have a good Turkey day,

mike
come again......I have been gone for a while.....something happen or what? :3question:
What are ya Asking Boom?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
why yours in coming apart...and why your selling parts?

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Shredder770 said:

Have a good Turkey day,

mike
Thanks Mike! Get ahold of me when you get back and have fun in Hawaii :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts