Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im gona be without my quad for a while..i was in dumont and hit a bathtub(and no its not an actual bathtub its a ditch in the sand shaped like one) my front left of the quad hit the sand hard and i flipped over and so did the quad. the quad somehow flipped an and hit my right elbow. You can see the exhaust mark on my arm..There were skin pieces still on the tail pipe..kinda gross. Anyhow, no broken bones but bruised up elbow and cut up really good and bruised up chest and shoulder and a bad whiplash. Now for the quad...everything seems fine except for the left front side. both upper and lower a-arms bent, steering link bent, rim bent, and few other things..here are the pics.

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
That sucks :( I can't see the pics i'm at work :mad: Good thing is that your pretty much ok :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Dang, and you broke your SE shock. Those are expensive as hell even used. Glad you didnt get too injured though. :eek:

·
Registered
174 Posts
At least you didn’t get hurt too bad.

But the front of your atv wasn’t so lucky. :eek:

·
Registered
83 Posts
do you have insurance on it? My insurance i have on mine covers my quad even if i rap it around a tree with only a $100 deductable :) food for thought maybe :eek: sucks you wrecked and and got hurt though..

·
Registered
779 Posts
how is the frame? did the front end of the frame getting any damage? if only the bolt on stuff is wrecked, it can be rebuilt fairly easily. I would check the whole steering mech, bars, steering bar etc.

nothing worse then wrecking your toys!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Dang.. sorry to see that. How fast did you hit the bathtub? I cant beleive how it bent that a-arm. Glad your OK. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
468 Posts
ouch that sucks gotta get her fixed back up

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thks guys....as for the frame itself it looks ok..looks like just the bolt on stuff got screwed..but i wont know until i hear back from the shop..and thk god i have insurance..i was thinkin about upgrading to longer a-arms and all the other trick stuff but that means the money comes out of my pocket..i rather just have insurance fix it and pay for it

·
Registered
83 Posts
rockinfigs said:
thks guys....as for the frame itself it looks ok..looks like just the bolt on stuff got screwed..but i wont know until i hear back from the shop..and thk god i have insurance..i was thinkin about upgrading to longer a-arms and all the other trick stuff but that means the money comes out of my pocket..i rather just have insurance fix it and pay for it
If its paid for you could have insurance cut you the check and a little shopping on ebay and you could prolly get the things you want for it!!! sometimes you can even get them to cut you the check without the title being in your hands guess it just depends on the insurance company..

·
Registered
365 Posts
Glad you are okay. The Rappy is now "broke in". :lol:

·
Registered
87 Posts
:eek: Ouch, thank God you didn't brake anything, I know the quad can get costly but is repairable.
I can speak from experience and the cost of repairing was far lesses than the pain I had from the fractured ancle and wrist...

Fell better and take care.
JW

1 - 20 of 21 Posts