Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i thought id try something different with my new arched swingarm. I gave Anthony (Bad Ass Fabrication) a shot. So far im pretty impressed. I just recieved it today. Its bare at the moment and will be sent for PC this week. His prices are very generous. His communication was top notch! Very happy with the service. So here is some pics of it bare. Once it gets pc'd ill post some more and once its on my bike ill post more as well. This is a +6 arched.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Wow very nice! I would like to do a +4 like that but no arch unless there is a benefit that I don't know about?

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow very nice! I would like to do a +4 like that but no arch unless there is a benefit that I don't know about?
You can do straight or arched i just prefer the arched for looks. He can do any size and whatever youde like!

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
It looks real nice but I hope your not going beat on it too hard. It needs some more X bracing (side to side), the way it is it's not going take much side or torsional load. Take a look at SLCs arched swinger and you'll see what I mean.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks great! I ordered mine on Feb 10th from another builder ;), still notta.
Ya that sucks Lang :nono: 1 week turnaround plus shipping time for me :cool: :wow:

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
It looks real nice but I hope your not going beat on it too hard. It needs some more X bracing (side to side), the way it is it's not going take much side or torsional load. Take a look at SLCs arched swinger and you'll see what I mean.
No worries. I have a stock cam in my bike so i cant beat on it to hard! :lol: :cool:

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
So i thought id try something different with my new arched swingarm. I gave Anthony (Bad Ass Fabrication) a shot. So far im pretty impressed. I just recieved it today. Its bare at the moment and will be sent for PC this week. His prices are very generous. His communication was top notch! Very happy with the service. So here is some pics of it bare. Once it gets pc'd ill post some more and once its on my bike ill post more as well. This is a +6 arched.

LOL I was just gonna say that woods haha! Yeah man you need some more internal x bracing for sure. It doesnt matter if your running a stock bike or a BB stroker. The problem your going to have is when one rear tire hits a stump or log or something it will side load the swingarm. Here take a look at the internal bracing on my slc +4 swingarm.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Good thing this ones comes with a better warrantee than SLC then huh ?

He sold 2 SLC's in the last couple months, I'm sure he's very familiar.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL I was just gonna say that woods haha! Yeah man you need some more internal x bracing for sure. It doesnt matter if your running a stock bike or a BB stroker. The problem your going to have is when one rear tire hits a stump or log or something it will side load the swingarm. Here take a look at the internal bracing on my slc +4 swingarm.
This is not for a trail bike this is for my turbo duner. So its not gonna get beat on like a trail bike would. He gave me a 6 month waranty and i know a few others that have used this for a bit with no issues.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Good thing this ones comes with a better warrantee than SLC then huh ?

He sold 2 SLC's in the last couple months, I'm sure he's very familiar.
Yeah SLC's warranty's are pretty shitty IMO. They build a great product so I dont know why they don't offer a better warranty but whatever.

This is not for a trail bike this is for my turbo duner. So its not gonna get beat on like a trail bike would. He gave me a 6 month waranty and i know a few others that have used this for a bit with no issues.
Yeah that's cool man Seg said you are already familiar with SLC so good luck with your new one :beer:

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
64 Posts
It looks nice but some of the welds on there would concern me abit. Other than that it looks pretty good

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok guys. Just got it pc'd and ready to go. Here is some pics of it pc'd.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts