Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i talked my buddy into getting a bike and guess what he turns to, yep a 450. :wtf: its a good looking bike and all, but its just not a rappy. He think he is going to kick my ass on it i told him maybe since mine is still stock, but when i get my mods im going to just walk all over him. he said will wait till i jet it and get and intake and exhuast, i said buddy it still wont matter. :grin_nod: :grin_nod: :grin_nod:

·
Registered
91 Posts
what the hell is wrong with our buddys mine has a YFZ450 also. we havent raced yet but im sure the time is coming he has a weight advantage over me though. Nah the 450 is also a great bike IMO but it really needs reverse unless its raced all the time. but they are pretty damn quick just not as quick as the Raptor :lol: :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Flynbyu said:
Race him into a dead end. You're sure to win having reverse.

:lol:

~Brian
:haha: I love my Reverse it really pisses my friends off :lol:

·
Registered
644 Posts
I hate these people and their 450's.

Just so ignorant.

·
Registered
664 Posts
my friend has a 450R and man he is talking mad shit about me getting a raptor, he says i should get the 450. But like stated before i need that reverse!

·
Registered
120 Posts
yep my buddy has a 450 also..and i rip him apart gong up dunes

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
same here, my friends have all 450's, these are all hondas, for some reason i can't find the rest that are all on yfz's, the buddy with the z400 is the only one that after riding my rappy wanted to go out and trade in for one.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Way off topic, but i like the Honda 450 plastics better than the YFZs. They look slick.

But why do people think 450s are so godly??

·
Registered
95 Posts
This may stir the pot a little but here goes....

The 450 is a good bike for a boy or young adult. :lol:

But the Rappy 700 is a mans bike! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would watch out when you race a yfz they are not the easiest thing to beat out there. I agree most people that ride 450s are punks but as bad as it hurts me to say it the yfz although not as great as the raptor does hold its own in alot of racing and power wise. I would never buy one but when you pull up beside one that is piped filtered jetted and cam modded most raptors with just the 3 mods got there hands full and it will be a very close race especially if you are going up hill and ussally the punk on the yfz wieghs a buck 20

Ok enough about yfzs RAPTORS RULE :grin_nod:

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
It is Yamaha's over the counter race bike, I don't like how small they look and feel when I sit on one. I would much rather have a raptor for the feel of it alone. I pulled up next a yfz last weekend, It had been ported, stroked, bigger bore, Piped, jetted, with a similar looking rider in size to me (190lbs). I beat him all 5 times we raced :lol: . Raptors Build a ton of power and I think it's the torque that pulls us off the line and puts us out in the lead! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Out of all ATVs ever made, including the TRX250R, a Raptor is by far superior, they have more power, they have more torque, they wheelie the best, they handle the best, they look the best, they brake the best, they jump the best, I could talk all day about how good my-our Raptor is and how all those little punks of YFZ450s are idiots wanting to take a beating every time they try to race me. If one of those YFZ clowns would just ride a Raptor I know they would like it and sell their little weak, slow, pathetic little 450.

·
Registered
497 Posts
My daughter has the 450 with CT pipe, jets and Pro-Flow intake. Don't underestimate these bikes! She has spanked her share of 700's. It certainly helps that she weighs 99lbs., but with baggy riding gear on no one seems to notice that. Old dad likes torque and reverse though.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Raptor FTW!!! All my buddies ride 450's and love screwing with about having reverse (Oh the poor baby had to have a quad with reverse) And when we hit a dead end trail after riding for hours on the side of the hill and they all have to jump off and pull their bikes around each other (Oh I am to stupid to buy the best quad I like having to jump off and waste everyones time while I turn my pos around). But it is all in fun the one thing I will say is my friend bought the 06 YFZ 450 Bill Ballance ed. a week before me and has not been able to ride with us a few times for needing to fix it (not wrecked just running issues)

·
Registered
621 Posts
HighDesertRat! said:

It that's the case then who should be on the 525? :3question: :grin_nod:

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
birdog said:
HighDesertRat! said:

It that's the case then who should be on the 525? :3question: :grin_nod:
A 22 year old woman?? :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts