Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I only got to take it out for about 3 minutes since it is around 20 outside! I could def. tell a difference in the bigger sprocket but still was not able to mash the gas all the way on it...

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea I see what you mean by the pics but they are straight. When I went out to try to make a video I reved it hard and black smoke shot out the back, it wasn't bad but noticable. I am using raptorrandy's map and was wondering if it is too rich or the motor just needs to get use to the mods? It also has 87 octane in it, I guess it needs to be bumped up to premium :eek:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Machy said:
yea I see what you mean by the pics but they are straight. When I went out to try to make a video I reved it hard and black smoke shot out the back, it wasn't bad but noticable. I am using raptorrandy's map and was wondering if it is too rich or the motor just needs to get use to the mods? It also has 87 octane in it, I guess it needs to be bumped up to premium :eek:
I'm sure RaptorRandy will chime in but I wouldn't think the map is to rich considering he's been running it for some time and the dyno numbers sure look good. Did you let it warm up for a good few minutes before getting on it because my single will act rich if I don't let it warm up enough before gassing it.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that might have been why.... I am trying to post the video but youtube is acting very gay today

anyone know another way to post a video, I tried the tinypic thing for the video but it was taking forever and I couldn't tell if it was gonna work???

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you guys that have similar setups as me notice that when it was stock it takes about 1-2sec. for it to start and now it takes about 4-6secs. to start, is this normal?

·
Registered
912 Posts
can you post a video of a couple fly-bys and stuff of that sort. i'm getting tired of the plain old rev your motor and thats all the show. trying to watch wide-da-hell open runs. Thanks! I can't believe the number of people on here with LTE pipes and nobody post a good video for the people who are looking into buying a pair. I search google/yahoo every week for 700r videos only to see the same vids time after time. Thanks again!

·
Registered
556 Posts
A word of thought....

Keep in mind that free reving will almost always produce black smoke "or being rich" symptoms on a PROPERLY TUNED engine. While there is no load...the engine still will receive the same gas as under full load in which you need more fuel. I carry a lot of experience from building late model engines, building up current super bike engines "Hayabuas, K61000s etc" and numerous 2 stroke toys in the past. It's the same principle here with the 4 strokes. If properly tuned you will always have a little extra smoke coming out until you put a heavy load on the engine where without it, it will almost have a slight bog feeling because you don't supply the engine with enough fuel. Now depending on the application, if you have excessive fuel it will again cause that. It's possible being cast parts, Randy's head flows better then yours or his cam timming could be a factor. Lastly no Dynojet PCIII USB will be the same. They are always off in calibration slightly. We ran into this a ton when putting together the 1390 kits back in the early day's for the busas. Maps for people with busas kept coming back and it being off and running excessive fuel or vice versa. Hence the need for YOUR machine to be dynoed to get the "BEST" it can be.

Mike

·
Registered
497 Posts
Mpeavler said:
A word of thought....

Keep in mind that free reving will almost always produce black smoke "or being rich" symptoms on a PROPERLY TUNED engine. While there is no load...the engine still will receive the same gas as under full load in which you need more fuel. I carry a lot of experience from building late model engines, building up current super bike engines "Hayabuas, K61000s etc" and numerous 2 stroke toys in the past. It's the same principle here with the 4 strokes. If properly tuned you will always have a little extra smoke coming out until you put a heavy load on the engine where without it, it will almost have a slight bog feeling because you don't supply the engine with enough fuel. Now depending on the application, if you have excessive fuel it will again cause that. It's possible being cast parts, Randy's head flows better then yours or his cam timming could be a factory. Lastly no Dynojet PCIII USB will be the same. They are always off in calibration slightly. We ran into this a ton when putting together the 1390 kits back in the early day's for the busas. Maps for people with busas kept coming back and it being off and running excessive fuel or vice versa. Hence the need for YOUR machine to be dynoed to get the "BEST" it can be.

Mike
Hang around here, Im sure you'll fit in. Its good to have a person around who knows things like this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.