Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have a problem w/ their dobeck??? such as none of the lights come on when running, and no matter how you adjust the pots it doesnt make a diff. but the bike does run.. if so let me know what you had to do to fix it..

·
Registered
610 Posts
I haven't had any such problems, but my first course of action would be to call Dobeck and talk to them.
Did you do this and they refused you a solution :3question:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i just found out last night. so of course they are closed till monday, i just didnt know if any of you all had any suggestions for me. or if this was a common problem..

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I messed with mine the other day since I wasnt the one who orignally installed it and didnt notice a difference in the butt dyno when I was adjusting things but I didnt have the bike on between adjustments so I didnt get to see if the lights worked. I should check mine out too.

·
Registered
610 Posts
"well i just found out last night. so of course they are closed till monday"

Ack... Murphy's Law. Everytime I called them must have been during the week. Any company that has a tech support dept should have it open on weekends.

I have noticed very subtle changes with some pots and none with others when I first set mine up, but a couple months later when fooling with it I seemed to notice a definite difference in engine pitch and reduction of popping when releasing the throttle after a high rev. So maybe I was more in tune with tuning it.

Or the Dobeck could be like smoking a pipe.... It gives a wise man time to think and a fool something to stick in his mouth.... :crazy:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i would have to say the dobeck is toast, and they will have to warrenty it out and give me a new one, ive only had it for 2 mo. bummer

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i do have some good news, dobeck will replace no questions asked for up to two years, so i should get a new one by the end of this next week or early next week.. with out the tfi i can shoot fire balls out the muffler... so it isnt running right w/o it..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey raptor gytr go back to raptor forums home page in search box type in dobeck controller It will take you to lotsa good info on gettin it dialed in correctly.I think it is in raptor 700 mods back a few pages lotsa good info on dobeck

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have, i found out my dobeck was junk, so any pot changes i made it did nothing, so i have to send it back to dobeck this week and get a new one... thanks for the advice

·
Registered
610 Posts
07raptorgytr said:
so i have to send it back to dobeck this week and get a new one... thanks for the advice
I never put up with that from anybody. Tell them to send you the replacement first so you have the return shipping and box with packing material. I've never had one company refuse.... even a big dog like Verizon.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well, i havent talked to them yet, sending it back was what iam gonna do. so they may send em a new one w/ a return box idk. i wanna ride but dont wanna w/o the controller. plus it is raining like hell here in ohio. it has rained for 4 days straight and calling for another 2 - 3 days more, so a little crappy to ride in..

·
Registered
206 Posts
After reading this post I thought of this, will installing a Dobeck or pc3 affect how the bike compensates for change in elevations :3question: My stock 700R has no problems going from 6000 feet to 11000. Anyone with this mod ride at different elevations.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
ATVhound said:
After reading this post I thought of this, will installing a Dobeck or pc3 affect how the bike compensates for change in elevations :3question: My stock 700R has no problems going from 6000 feet to 11000. Anyone with this mod ride at different elevations.
Shouldnt. I run anywhere from 1000-8000 feet and she runs the same everywhere.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I talked to Matt at Dobeck and he said if the light doesnt come on and you cant run the machine the plug in the injector isnt connected. If the light doesnt come on and the machine runs the ground needs to be connected differently. My light didnt come on but the machine ran so the stock efi was running the machine. I adjusted the ground wire and tried running it and the dobeck came back to life.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I've had my Dobeck for a year and a half now and I thought I had the same problem as you. What I had was a problem with the wires. Try opening it up and check the conections at the bow and then do a real close inspection of the wires. One day when putting my air box in I had crushed the wire between the airbox mount tab and the rear plastics. I replaced the wire and it worked great again. Also I had problems with it being speratic and it was a bad ground connection.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hook the ground up to the neg. on battery.. um matt at dobeck sent me a RMA or a return merch. auth. number.. and had me me send mine to him and he sent me a new one, thats all. no matter how i hooked it up it wouldnt work, and matt confirmed it was junk

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've had my dobeck for about 4 months and I thought it was working fine,all the lights function and seemed that all the pots made changes.My quad didn't pop or act like it was running lean,well anyway I had it it on a dyno yesterday and one of the pots was not responding when tuning,there was no change at all ,I think it was the 3rd pot.He got the bike to run rich on the bottom end,but 3/4 to full throttle it went lean.I'll also be calling dobeck in the morning. :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts