Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went to my builder today to run my Barkers and DMC's back to back. Started with the Barkers first. Did 6 dyno runs and 69.77 was the highest peak. Never could hit 70 and my dynateck controller was maxed out on fuel, but AFR was just about right. The DMCs we ran 10 runs but just to get the bottom end dialed in. It was running lean. It hit a peak of 70.42 and every run was over 70hp and one run almost hit 71hp. The DMCs sound better to me as I have ridden with both sets on. Looks wise I prefer the DMCs but to each his own. The DMCs had an edge on the Barkers by about one hp from about 6000 on up and one ft pound of tq. Very very close indeed. The DMCs had a slightly better curve then the Barkers. I owned each set of pipes. The Barkers I sold to my builder and I kept the DMCs.

5250 rpms DMCs 50.21 hp 50.12 tq Barkers 49.71hp 49.62tq

On a side note. Dyno'd my quad back in March. We ran 18 inch Hoosiers and this time it was 22 inch tires. 66.77hp and 48.5tq on the smaller tires. My numbers went up a lot just by running the bigger tires to 70.42hp and 52.32tq

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Sounds like you need to get a new fuel controller.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I forgot to mention the fuel was only maxed out of the top end setting. Plenty of adjustment in mid and low end left.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
You can step up to a bigger injector I bet your injector was maxed out like mine up top so I got a bigger cc injector.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My bro put in a bigger injector to get away from running a gal of race gas with 4 gallons of 91. It worked. My motor won't ping or detonate. It's not enough of a worry at all. I finally got my camera to work. Here is the graph. The orange line is the DMC's

Attachments

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
My stock injector left mine starving for fuel up top. So for less than a 100 I got a new injector and it runs fine now. I'm at 778cc with a huge TB. It was fine until I went to the bigger TB it flowed so much air the fuel couldn't keep up. It looks to be doing good. I'd say the injector cool unless you get a bigger tb or idk what else. Enjoy and I love this thread. I like to point it out to my buddy's that say I'd have more hp if I was running Barkers :haha: they now hate me thanks to this thread lol.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
A bigger injector would not change the octane requirements of an engine unless the atomization was superior on the aftermarket injector or the previous mixture was too lean.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
My stock injector left mine starving for fuel up top. So for less than a 100 I got a new injector and it runs fine now. I'm at 778cc with a huge TB. It was fine until I went to the bigger TB it flowed so much air the fuel couldn't keep up. It looks to be doing good. I'd say the injector cool unless you get a bigger tb or idk what else. Enjoy and I love this thread. I like to point it out to my buddy's that say I'd have more hp if I was running Barkers :haha: they now hate me thanks to this thread lol.
Ive been telling people this for awhile danno..but no one wants to hear it, my dyno guy did my bike then another raptor right after mine with same intake and pc 5 but with barkers and a hc 2 cam...and it made 2 hp more down low but mine made like a 1/2 more hp on top with just big 3...he said he wanted to see what mine would do with a cam.. not bad for a dual exhaust that costs less and looks better...:D:stir:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A bigger injector would not change the octane requirements of an engine unless the atomization was superior on the aftermarket injector or the previous mixture was too lean.

My bro's build is the same as mine. His AFR was at around 15 on the topend so He had to run one gallon of 110 and 4 gallons 91. When he got the new injector they got the AFR down to where it should be and he no longer needs any 110.

I'm glad I kept the DMCs. I personally like them better, but some like the Barkers better. You can't go wrong with either pipe so buy the one you like and don't look back.

·
Freak!
7,986 Posts
You can step up to a bigger injector I bet your injector was maxed out like mine up top so I got a bigger cc injector.
I bet your wrong.

I've seen 80+ Hp bikes on stock injectors. Some of the "Gains" proclaimed by going bigger are simply becuase it's a new injector, and the oem just needed cleaning/replaced.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
My bro's build is the same as mine. His AFR was at around 15 on the topend so He had to run one gallon of 110 and 4 gallons 91. When he got the new injector they got the AFR down to where it should be and he no longer needs any 110.
I would suspect that a richer mixture, facilitated by a better tune or, if the controller was maxed out, a better fuel controller, would have garnered the same results as adding a larger injector.

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
I bet your wrong.

I've seen 80+ Hp bikes on stock injectors. Some of the "Gains" proclaimed by going bigger are simply becuase it's a new injector, and the oem just needed cleaning/replaced.
Coops bike had a new stock injector in it when I put it together, it was at 76hp at the time, but probably about 78hp with Mrx-01 Fuel which needs to run a little richer. After a few runs it would lose consitancy and starve for fuel on the top. Put a pinky in it and had it retuned, runs like a champ every pass since. This is just my experience with injectors.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Coops bike had a new stock injector in it when I put it together, it was at 76hp at the time, but probably about 78hp with Mrx-01 Fuel which needs to run a little richer. After a few runs it would lose consitancy and starve for fuel on the top. Put a pinky in it and had it retuned, runs like a champ every pass since. This is just my experience with injectors.
That's how mine was until I got the pinky also. I'm no expert I was stating what fixed mine when injector was at 100%. I don't know about any gains other than being able to rev up to without starving for fuel. Maybe it was a bad injector but I got a good deal on it brand new from a friend. I used to have a nice hook up on em. I even gave away a few I was getting em so cheap.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts