Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 raptor 700 (white).... it has many cosmetic mods....
but performance wise - LTE Duals, air lid off, PCIII, Ported head (ported by Velociraptor), Stage II Web, 11:1 Weisco Piston.....

Took my bike to the dyno a week or so ago....
The day i took it, it was pouring down rain and like 57 degrees, 72% humidity. = not the greatest conditions for tuning a bike.... ha ha ha

I got... max power = 56.2 max torque = 48.2 abt 13.7 A/F ratio

I will post some pics of my dyno sheet soon, my stupid scanner isnt working right now....

I am pretty happy with these numbers.... I was hoping to be around 60hp.... but every dyno proves to show different numbers... i am wanting to get it on another dyno to see what numbers it shows....

I also have the Geisick 550cc injector, i am planning on installing it sometime soon, and taking my bike back to the dyno, and seeing if it actually improves the bikes performance at all...

Plattner

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Next time i take it to the Dyno, i will turn my Accel Pump Feature off.... and make a couple runs, and then tuen the feature back on, and see if my numbers change.... since i have been hearing that the accel pump feature looses you power.... which i DONT agree with.... but i will soon find out...

On my dyno numbers above, the accel pump was on 80-20-20...

Plattner

·
Registered
262 Posts
Switch to the Stage 3 cam you'll probably get 60 I had similiar numbers to yours with the Stage 2 with the stock bore piston. Everyone else who has around 60 WHP on stock bore is running Stage 3 so change your cam and dyno it again I bet it will be closer to 60 WHP

·
Registered
289 Posts
Those are some pretty good numbers. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this was on dyno tires....

Ya i guess i might consider the stage III cam..... I am very happy with the performance of my bike....
Just on paper i wanted to be at 60 hp..... i know thats stupid, just what i had thought...
So sometime i might get the stage 3 cam.... thanks for the advice....

Plattner

·
Registered
791 Posts
no offence but didnt veloci get almost that much hp with no cam and a single exhaus on knobbys?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
non taken..... Veloci got 55 hp and 50 torque..... with the same porting, factory cam, and single exhaust.... YES you are right...

BUT - - Veloci was using a CAR dyno.... I was on a ATV dyno machine.... Car Dyno's usually count abt 5 hp more than a ATV dyno...... And Bo admits that...

So in that case - - my numbers look pretty good compared to his.....

Another thing is that we ALL KNOW that ALL Dyno's prove different numbers.... so i am wanting to take my bike to another dyno and see what numbers it gets..

But in comparison to Bo's bike.... he was on a car dyno is all i can say...

Bo - you can chime in at anytime.... i give your thoughts...

Plattner

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Yes, my #s are on a car Dynojet. I talked to Dynojet about this before and after the runs and they assured me that the #s would be "close"....what ever that means :lol:. I know Plattners bike makes alot more power than mine and to be completely sure on comparing #s you have to be on the same type dyno, same brand dyno, same type of tires, on the same correction factor. This will be a sure fire way of being able to compare.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ha ha ha.... Nice Veloci....

Thanks for chiming in.... I have something to talk to you about (performance wise).... i just tried calling you again... give me a call back anytime...
Maybe we can get you up here to the FARM one of these days..... ha ha ha

Plattner

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
I mostly run 60/40(60% 93/40% 111). Ive ran 93 a few times here lately since "everyone else" is runnin pump with 11:1 but it gets hotter than when I run better fuel.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Veloci and i have talked about what fuel to run...since we both have the 11:1 piston...

We run about the same.... i run 3 gallons of 91 mixed with 2 gallons of 113....
I agree with Bo, in that when i just run 91 my bike seems to get hotter faster.... i mean even my fan came on last weekend.... i ran out of fuel so i had to just run 91... since thats all i had with me... and my 700 got hot quicker..

Plattner

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Thats what I do too, 3 gallons of 93 and 2 gallons of 111 in my 5 gallon jug. Its 20 bucks and change here locally and lasts me 2 weekends of riding.

·
Registered
13,279 Posts
That seems to be what most people are doing. I’m not thrilled about having to bring extra fuel on our weekend rides since I have a fuel station but my generator runs on that and I also fill up my wife’s quad off that so if I’m going to need to run extra fuel I guess I’ll be packing an extra fuel can. Not that it’s a bad thing but the RV just seems to get packed full even for the short trips. I guess that’s what happens when the wife is included. I might just say [email protected]#$ it all and go with the 780 big bore from kenz and put on a set of the barkers. But I really love the look and sound of my GYTR set up….oh well.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
When i go on a weekend ride.... I usually just mix the fuel in a 5 gallon container.... at that is usually enough for me to last the weekend....
And if its not, then i just add the 91 octane..... but when i JUST put 91 in my bike does seem to get hot...

Plattner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts