Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a dial-a-jet kit and I thought I would let everyone know about it.

So you know the background, my quad has been running like crap and no one could figure out how to jet it perfectly, I tried two shops around here and nothing. I was getting fed up so I thought I would give this product a try.

Installation was pretty straight forward and not all that complicated. Took about 2 hours ( thats with everything, rejet,plastics,and all). They tell you that you should be jetted about 2-3 sizes too low so I went ahead and jetted my bike back to stock. I started her up and she runs very good now. I wouldnt say 100% perfect but at least 90-95% which is wayyyy better then it was running. It doesnt bog at all anymore at any rpm range, the only thing it does is make the exhaust pop alot. Not a backfire but a popping so Im not sure why it does that.

Now for the tuning on the kit. Its super easy, it has a little dial you turn to rich or lean. I tried every different setting it had and didnt notice a difference in the ride of the bike at any of them. So does it actually allow for adjustment? Im my epxperiance so far I say no. But... It says the kit automaticly adjusts for temp,air density, rpms and that kind of thing and it really does. It delivers smooth power to all my rpms.

SO all in all it jetted my bike to run good so I am happy with that part of it, but I would of liked the adjustments to be noticable but I have not tried it at any other elevation so that might change it, who knows. If anyone has any questions just let me know. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
130 Posts
glad to hear you got your bike running decent...usually a popping noise when you are deacellerating is running lean, not enough gas. Mine pops once in awhile, i consider it normal, but some people may not.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Glad you liked the outcome. I have a Dial-A-Jet with a dual snorkel kit new-in-box. If anyone is interested, send me a PM.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RAPTORAZ said:
Glad you liked the outcome. I have a Dial-A-Jet with a dual snorkel kit new-in-box. If anyone is interested, send me a PM.
You should of told me a week ago. :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.