Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my raptor 700 in Mid March of 2006....And up until last saturday, my fan had NEVER came on...
I checked the connections, unplugged and plugged them back in....did everything that ppl told me to...
And i ride pretty hard.... mainly trails.... but pretty hardcore.... and my fan had never came on...

BUT ...... LAst saturday..... it kicked on for about 2 minutes.... ha ha -- it was an amazing feeling....

hasnt came on since then.... but at least i know the damn thing works now...

just thought i would let you all know...

hahahha
Plattner

·
Registered
137 Posts
plattner off topic where did u get those nerf bars from in your sig picture also who are they made by?ive got the grey and red raptor comeing this weekend and think those nerfs will suite the red frame!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Damn, first ride out at Sand Mountain for me my fan kicked on, fuel light came on.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My TPS just arrived at the dealership today!!! So i am going to pick it up tmrw.... and then install it tmrw night.... So hopefully i can go riding saturday, and the bike will run great again....

My nerfs are the GYTR nerfs.... I had them powdercoated red,...to match everything else on my bike.... i also powdercoated the a-arms red ...

Plattner

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
try rockymountain.com . they have them in blue , black, red and silver... for 109.99 shipped

·
Registered
468 Posts
haha ok get this one guys so i ride hard it kicks on i ride hardcore it goes off about 10 min later the hot light comes on no fan ok i get in 4th gear low rpm run cool air threw her light goes off shut it down for bout 10 min good to go

2nd bat is dead charge it no good pull start it.... it runs for like 5 min load her up shut her off tie her down and the fan kicks on and wont shut off??? crazy idk i need a new fan or something wrong in the wires

·
Registered
174 Posts
I had a Harley do something like that....Battery was low on charge and when you try to start it was not enought juice to start but not enough to kick selinoid off so bike would keep tryin to turn over......maybe not enough juice to kick fan out?

·
Registered
779 Posts
My fan works too. I've been running mine every week through the winter and just last week, when it was a balmy +10C outside, the fan came on after the bike was idling for about 10mins. It shut off after running for about a min...then kicked back on a few minutes later. When I shut the bike off...the fan continued for a couple mins then shut off. Looks like all is working properly.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah I just found out mine works also. I have never heard it come on and today I was spinning cookies in the mud for about 10 minutes and finally heard it come on! I was thinking i might need to check the connection that a lot of people were talking about but i guess it works.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Mine came on again on thurs night after work, went riding on the trials but there was spots where there was to much snow so i had to work my way through it and the fan kicked on from doin that :grin_nod:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.