Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all need your input i am considering buying a 06 700 le i have road bikes my whole life mainly honda had a 400ex and was going to buy a 450r but came across this deal and it is a great bike mint condition 4g in the motor alone, any input u can offer i sure appreciate it. It has a dynatek programmer and i need help adjusting it it is running to lean thanks for taking the time to help out.

·
Registered
749 Posts
i'm sure some of the other guys will chime in soon, but if the quad really has all of those motor mods, there's a good possibility that dynatek just can't handle those mods and might be at its limit. might need a power commander with more tuning availibility. i've never owned a dynatek, so i'm just going off of what i've read in the past about people selling them once they get more and more motor mods done.

have any pics/list of mods??

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
I'm guessing your plug is white and your getting a lean pop on deceleration. I have no experience with the dynatek controllers but I know there customer service is really good so I would say just call'em up! :)

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Thats a good call raptorgirl!!! Lets see your modlist Shane?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have not bought this bike yet i am texting a buddy now to get the list of mods i will post asap thanks for ur help i really am grateful

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Sure no problem! The dynatek should be good for upwards of 80 horse or so. The problem is their adjustability. The powercommanders have a much wider range of adjustability. Also if he has been running lean for some time there is a potential for top end damage.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok it has falcon knife edge rod and crank also 12 -1 cp piston headed ported, stage 2 hot cam full yosh pipe uni filter valves have been lapped and the dynatek programmer which i need help on it has base low mid and hi which is the setting and where do i need the screw settings it has those settings where do the slots need to be on each for those mods

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Your going to need to know how long that rod is. If it's a falicon then it could be a +5mm or more or less. It will make a major difference in compression so as soon as you find that out then give this guy a call and talk to him. He is really cool and knows his shit. http://www.highdesertdyno.com/
Also I don't know what you mean by lapped valves??? Their either standard or oversized and if they are oversized then how big and which are bigger the intakes or exaust or both. Also the weak points in that build are the cam, intake exaust and programmer. Upgrade those to some dual exaust (barker or dmc), hdd5050 cam, Powercommander v, and an amsoil or fci intake with a +3 or bigger TB and your pushing 80+horse ;)
Oh and one more thing with that build you will need to run atleast a mix of race fuel to prevent pre detonation!

·
Registered
850 Posts
Lapping valves is re-seating them in the valveseats. Not alot of motor work for 4 grand, im not dogging your new bike. But i also don't want anyone to blow smoke up your a$$

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
O.k. Thanks for the info melonfarmer thats a new one for me. I'm guessing they would have done that during the P&P work then.

·
Registered
415 Posts
yeah that doesn't sound like 4 g's in motor work to me. who did the head work? how long is the rod? and is it a big bore? these are main things to find out. sometimes finding things for a steal is someone stealing your money. and if its running lean now before you bought it, its hard to say how long it was run that way. so it could be ready to have an internal meltdown at any time. as much as i love my rap, and recommend them to people over anything else, i am thinking that this may not be the best deal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i guess i didnt really specify my good friend has done all the motor work to it all has just been done but we wanted to check the plugs and it was running lean rod and crank r stock size done before we got it but since then the rest has been done at our shop the only thing we dont know about is the programmer adjustment on like what is each click and do they all need turned the same at once or r there other ways that is my main problem the bike is well worth what im paying for it just need help with that there r other things done to the motor but the main things i listed i sure appreciate you guys for helping so anyone that can help thank you ill post pics of it when i get it it is almost mint its really suprising.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Could be 4 grand especially if stearlership does work. 95 an hour labor plus mods.

·
Registered
415 Posts
oh well that changes everything. :lol: yeah if you know the history from a trustworthy source than that makes a big difference. those programmers are kind of like adjusting a carb. the first pot on the left is like the the pilot jet, the second one is like adjusting the needle, and i think the 3rd and 4th are like the mainjet. i could be wrong, but there should be threads in the efi tuning section for that. you can also google "dynatek fuel programmer instructions" or use the model # or something. you'll find instructions for how to use it which will help you. take your time and follow the instructions and you'll get it runnin fine.

·
Registered
415 Posts
well my understanding is the base is a "map" for different levels of mods and the other 3 are to fine tune it. "I" would set the base on 3 and the other pots to 0. then if its still to lean adjust the 3 pots up until its good. if it is too rich, go down to 2 on the base, and max out the others. adjust down till its good. its always better to be too rich than too lean. so like i said, 1st pot is for idle to 1/4 throttle, 2nd for 1/4-3/4, third for 3/4 to WOT.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts