Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just bought my raptor like 2 weeks ago so i'm still breaking it in (not alot of riding time and no one to ride with). well today i was out tearing around pretty good. i have about 10 hours on it and the book says to ride a little harder after 10. so i came up on this gravel pile that i had always ran up and down with my old polaris trail blazer 250. i drove around it a few times sizing it up a little i noticed there was some snow still on the other side but i thought i would just cut right through it. well i hit it about 3rd gear (running pretty slow) get to the top and then realize i'm going to fast to slow down before the peak. i pop up over the peak and nail that snow, the front tires dig in and i go down. i had enough time to think when i saw the bike coming down right behind me to get the hell out of it's way. so the bike is on it's top, and i'm laying i a water puddle. good thing i didn't get hurt so i got up and flipped my rappy over, to look for damage. i couldn't find anything exept for some scratches on my throttle control and my front break was slittly twisted down. i was extremely luckly because i was out alone today and it could have been alot worse. i'm still not at all used to the power this thing has considering my only other quad was the trailblazer.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well that just sucks... Sorry to hear about your crash !!! Glad Your ok. Its real nice outside 50 degrees and im thinking about going for a spin myself. Theres still alot of lingering snow despite the warm weather.

·
Registered
973 Posts
As long as you are not hurt thats all that matters. I will post a vid of my wreck on my KFX last week. (the bike I am trading today for my rappy) Honestly the way the wreck was, if I hadnt got off it prolly would have killed me. Rolled down a 400 foot rock covered hill, rolled 13 times (10 sideways, 3 end over end). Amazing enough, it didnt do hardly a thing to my bike, scratches, bent tie rod and thats it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.