Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I do have a raptor but need help now with my kids 90cc Polaris Predator. I am going to put a k&n on it and remove the air box and snorkel. I am sure this will make a big difference but i need a jet change. Any ideas which size to go to. This is the only mod to the quad. All else is stock.

Thanks alot guys for you help on this one.

jake

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone????

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Unless someone has the exact quad you have, I doubt anyone is going to be able to give you an answer.

My suggestion would be buy a handfull of jets and start changing them out until it runs well. :3question:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I would just buy a jet kit, cause it will come with instructions on what jets and should come with a nice assortment of jets and stuff for you to tune it in nicely.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
I think PaleRider has a pred 90, check it out and see if he can help.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have not done any mods to my boys yet. He just turned 9 and this thing is quick and powerful stock. I am not sure I would pull off the snorkel on the Predator without talking to a lot of people about it first. The snorkel was a big change to the newer style Predator to help it be a lot more water proof. The carb is down low and to the left of the engine putting it directly behind the left front tire. Any water or mud thrown up by the tires will have a straight shot at the filter without the snorkel.

With that said I would go to Predatorowners.com, Hetrick racing or Rath racing. I do not think just adding a K&N without other mods and losing the snorkel is worth the risk or get the results you desire. Hetrick and Rath racing both have awesome hop up kits to significantly increase the power and speed of the Predator 90. They also have custom snorkel kits that allow you to run the K&N style filters without sacrificing their ability to run in water.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts