Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes its probably a little excessive but hey....
Just got my mount from the fab guy and its a simple design made of 1/2" billet aluminium so it should hold up pretty well. Its going to be mounted directly to the top shafts of my flexxbars. Had to be high enough to cover brake res. I'll get pics up of it installed soon.

Not sure if you can see it, but all the heads are counter sunk....guy did a really nice job milling it out.

·
Registered
145 Posts
You will have the day in front of you, share pics when you do the install.

·
Desert Racer
679 Posts
Sweet but simple

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, the stock stator should be enough to power to cover it no problem. It only pulls 96watts. 32 3 watt LEDs. The bar is mass produced and rebadged for all the different companies. I've seen it as high as $819 and as low as $439 plus shipping. I was able to score a deal from a vendor who was liquidating inventory to buy a new 4 seat sand rail :lol:

I have a friend who helped me design it AND had the scrap material laying around so the mount only cost me $40.

If it doesnt work I can always recycle the mount and recoup some of my money :D

·
Registered
386 Posts
how well do these lights work? how do they compare to trail tech lights? and are they worth getting?

·
LOOK UP IN THE SKY ITS A BIRD, A PLANE, THAT'S THE
547 Posts
looks good.once you get it mounted on your quad i would like to see it and see it lighted up .:D

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The pics are on Dales phone, I emailed him to send them to me so I can post them up. My damn camera wont hold a charge :mad:
ANYWAYS... the lightbar was AWESOME and the people were basically like :eek:
The light it puts out was great and I couldnt be happier, shocker....the mount was rock solid :lol:

The pics dont really do it justice, I will get more once when it is completely dark so you can appreciate it more :nod:
pics before it was dark with stock lights

pics before it was dark with lightbar

Mounting on top of the handlebars yeilded better than expected results. The light filled in the holes VERY nicely but ALSO the mud didnt get to it that much at all. My headlights are coated, my lightbar is maybe 20% speckled. It was sloppy out and the majority of the mud was being slug forward that I ran into

·
Registered
172 Posts
The 12" is damn bright. You won't even notice that you have your stock headlights on when you turn on the led bar. I know I place to get them much much cheaper here in cali. I have one on the way to me as we speak

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I just got a 6" Rigid Industries LED light with mount from a member on YFZCentral the other day.

I haven't really mounted it yet (I wanted to mount the bracket under the anti-vibe nuts under the stem, so I cut out a "U" in the the bracket on the waterjet yesterday, but I cut the "U" backwards, derr" but I lit it up in the completely dark garage, and it lit up the garage about as well as the overhead fluorescent lights do. I'm pretty impressed. It has spot and flood LED's on it, and the casing is aluminum. I'm going to fabricate a screen for it and possibly run the night race next weekend.

·
LOOK UP IN THE SKY ITS A BIRD, A PLANE, THAT'S THE
547 Posts
Man that looks good .that would scare the hell out of some one come over the hi
ll and then turn them on.would be funny.best looking lights Imo I've seen yet.:)I bet there will be reports of ufo's when your out at night.great job on this

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
Nice Pic's for a Phone. hahah That light was like riding on a brite sunny day at 10pm But the price SUCKS...!!!!
Jeff did lose 10mph on top speed lol Show them the vid Jeff...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts