Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so maybe you read my section in maintenance about the oil having gas in it. I think the rings that were replaced and havn't seated yet. Ok, so that problem solved. Well I changed it. and the oil filter, went with the usual oil and filter, well I gave 'er a little bit of a run around the homestead and when I shut 'er off to check the oil. it was white and milky on the dipstick. Well I checked the coolant level, same place it was at since I filled it. Well I wiped off the dipstick and tried to check it again. No more white and milky, but the oil appeared lower on the stick and was foamy, very foamy. Any help with this? ...sigh :( Thanks, in advance. :'( :mad:

·
Registered
588 Posts
I had a problem with my oil having bubbles in it but never milky. I hope you figure it out. when you do will you post what it is

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it may be the oil, I run Valvoline Racing 20w-50 and I believe it may be the detergent, but I dont know, it's got me puzzled

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
If the milky goes away it won't be coolant, most likely air like you said.
If that Valvoline is a car oil it will damage your clutch. Check if it's intended for motorcycles or wet clutches.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I think the milky may be from Condensation or something, because it only comes up on the first dip, but after a cleaning of the stick and another try, I just get bubbly Oil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts