Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, i would like to say, customer service is top notch! Ive texted the crap out of the poor guy and he hasnt ignored me once. Ok, with that said, this kit is AWESOME! It adds a great amount of stability for a GREAT price. I debated getting some arms, but the price of this kit is less than half of the price for new arms. I installed the kit yesterday and have put about an hour on it. I can now do a donut confidently without flipping over, which is a HUGE deal. Ive done some jumps, hit bumps, wheelies, donuts, turns and all that and the kit seems to hold up well. There was a SLIGHT and i mean SLIGHT notice of bump steer. However, this could be caused by my toe angle. I dont have my axle extensions at the moment but they will arrive tomorrow and ill be able to see what this thing will do. For those of you who have been debating this kit, debate no longer! Go ahead and order. Im going to get a kit for my G/F's raptor because i like it so much! Im going to do some hard riding on this kit this weekend on our trip out so ill keep this thread updated.

Just to put this out there. I have not been paid to do this review NOR did i get a discount. I hope this helps Misfit Fabrications out with getting their product out there.

·
Git-R-Done
729 Posts
Do you have the stock rear axle or aftermarket on the quad. looks good....

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stock axle. I dont do HUGE jumps so i should be good to go. I got the g-force axle extensions and ive done a ton of research before making this decision.

·
Git-R-Done
729 Posts
Stock axle. I dont do HUGE jumps so i should be good to go. I got the g-force axle extensions and ive done a ton of research before making this decision.
is it the +4 or +6

·
Git-R-Done
729 Posts
Thanks, i been thinking of getting one myself. just wanted to see if i had to get a longer rear axle or if it would work with the stock one.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Thankx for the review. Chris told me you just got it installed. Pictures look great.

We dont make the widening kit for any other atvs currently. Me and my brother both use the gforce extensions with the kit in the 4.5" setting. Works great.

Looks like you got the extended tie rod also? They are awesome. My brother broke his diamond j extensions within 2 weeks. And hes not a hard rider.

I dont know all the sales of who bought what. Chris does the sales. I'm Nick. We both share this account for helping you guys with the kits.

And yeah the extended foot pegs are sweet. Just finished the 700 ones today. Should have a review up by the weekend.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thankx for the review. Chris told me you just got it installed. Pictures look great.

We dont make the widening kit for any other atvs currently. Me and my brother both use the gforce extensions with the kit in the 4.5" setting. Works great.

Looks like you got the extended tie rod also? They are awesome. My brother broke his diamond j extensions within 2 weeks. And hes not a hard rider.

I dont know all the sales of who bought what. Chris does the sales. I'm Nick. We both share this account for helping you guys with the kits.

And yeah the extended foot pegs are sweet. Just finished the 700 ones today. Should have a review up by the weekend.
I got the tie rod extensions and they work great. A bitch to get the toe set correctly (which its still off). I rushed that part so i could go riding before the rain set in! I gues chris is the one ive been texting.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Look good, im still debating,& waiting for my funds to get back up there, lol I just dumped 2K in my motor..

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
I'm just assuming here, but these pics are before you put the axle extensions on? Am I correct in this? I'm debating whether I should go with an extended axle or if the extensions will be sufficient. If they are with just stock width in rear, do you have any yet with the extensions on? I'm curious now.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Yes i have the rear extensions on. I put them on yesterday to find out i have bad rear axle bearings.... Anywho. I did ride a little after i put them on and MAN did it make a HUUUUGE difference. I have a circle track in the back and i shaved 3-4 seconds off of the lap time and i didnt have enough time to get used to whooping the rear end around without tipping.... My 255 bucks that ive got invested in widening the raptor was WELL worth the investment... It works so well that its no longer a battle of fighting the raptor that wears you out.. Its holding on because you can drive more aggressively. I cant imagine how much better the whole package would be with some yfz 450 shocks for the front......

·
Registered
206 Posts
Its amazing the difference aint it? I got the gforce hubs and our kit in the 4.5" setting. A whole new quad and a great price when matched with the hubs. I had to relearn how to drive it somewhat. The stability was more than I expected.

And yeah donuts dont require alot of lean like they used to. Just let it rip.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Shadow, so you took those pics BEFORE installing your extensions? I just want to be clear. Also, pictures of after you put them on?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Its amazing the difference aint it? I got the gforce hubs and our kit in the 4.5" setting. A whole new quad and a great price when matched with the hubs. I had to relearn how to drive it somewhat. The stability was more than I expected.

And yeah donuts dont require alot of lean like they used to. Just let it rip.
Its a new quad feel for sure. I surely have to learn how to drive this thing again. I really strongly recommend this kit to anyone that wants a cheap way out. I believe Chris actually does a little motocross with this kit, right Nick? So that makes me feel better. I was doing 3-4 ft jumps my first and second day with no problems.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Shadow, so you took those pics BEFORE installing your extensions? I just want to be clear. Also, pictures of after you put them on?
The pictures that you see are AFTER i installed the misfit kit in the front and BEFORE i installed the rears... I have a comparison pic

My girlfriends raptor on the left, mine on the right. In person its a HUGE difference! Plus hers has a 1'' offset wheel on the right (dont ask we bought it that way) so it makes hers look a little wider than stock.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I dont know if he does motorcross or not.

Here is another photo gallery of ours.
http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd518/misfitfabrication/

The pictures in the dirt have the 4.5" kit in the front and the gforce hubs on the rear along with 11" wide tires.

The pictures on the driveway, some are stock all around, some have the widening kit in the front, but all these have the stock rear end.

Hope that helps.

Also, My brother slid into a fence going pretty quick. Rolled the quad. took out about 20ft of fence and blew over a 4x4. Bent his axle really bad, broke some stuff on the quad, bent tie rods, smashed grill. His g force extensions survived with no damage. Also, our kit he only bent 2 brackets on the one side just slightly. He also bent his a-arm some. So the kit is strong as the rest of the atv or stronger. Thats why we sell you the brackets separately in case you happen to crash.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Once i get my axle bearings in the mail tomorrow and installed on the quad. Im going to do more riding and see how all of this really pans out. The 10 minutes of riding i did yesterday with all of this stuff installed wasnt enough for me to learn the quad again. Like i said before, it did shave a few seconds off of my time around my track. It also makes me feel more comfortable with the raptor not tipping.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts