Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, as I have promised I would post my Dyno sheet when I got my bike back from Kenz Cycle Tech and got a chance to ride it and see how it performed in the real world. I am now very comfortable in posting this dyno sheet. Now keep in mind that this was dynoed late thursday eve. and being under the gun Mark H only got to make three tuning pulls on it after heat cycles and break in pulls. I have to commend him on the way this things runs for only making three tuning pulls. I have made as many as 22 pulls to get a 700R dialed in. Thanks for your effort Mark, you done good :thumbsup:
I also have to thank Ken who overcame lots of adversity with a fresh cornea transplant and still managed to not only get a truly awesome porting and valve job done, but to exceed my expectations on how well this build performs and how smooth it runs and how well it dunes. I am totally impressed and would recommend Kenz cycle tech and this build to any 700R owner that wants the best of both worlds with ridability and arm tearing acceleration and stump pulling TQ. I am truely impressed :thumbsup:

·
Registered
128 Posts
I like those numbers. How much do you have in the arm rippin outlaw draggin parts? :rocket:

·
Registered
902 Posts
Good for you Randy!

I don't think I've ever met Ken but, I've met Mark a few times and he's stand-up.

That dyno curve needs to be re-scaled! Nice to see a dyno print-out with HP/Torque and RPM on the scale. . . I'm amazed how many show speed????

You've been great sharing your info on things. Glad this build went so good for you.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! I'm still grinning even after the long assed drive :crazy: 5 states in 24 hrs Wa, Or, CA, Az, NV (primm) slept for 7 hrs then back to CA---Baker, then Dumont. It was worth every minute of it :grin_nod: This Machine is not an outlaw dragger it's a truly fun, fast dune machine 8)

·
Registered
669 Posts
that is sweet. how did the +4 swingarm do for you?

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Thats great Randy :thumbsup: Time for me to save up money for a winter project ;)

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jdog said:
that is sweet. how did the +4 swingarm do for you?

The + 4 is not going to cut it in the heavy Oregon sand. The only thing that saved me at Dumont was the dry fluffy sand and the fact that I could blow the 8 paddles off even with 3rd gear launches and then carry the front all the way thru 4th up the hill which was quite the rush :crazy:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Your running a 786cc kit with a 12:1 ratio correct? Je piston? Just woundering what your thoughts are on the 804cc kit? What made you go 786 insted of 804? I would love to bore and stroke thie beast but havent decided to play it safe or go all out.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Get your calendar out!

We're headed to Coos Bay July 21-27. We'll be camping on the Sand.

I WANNA SEE THAT BIKE! ;) 8)

As for the question on why not going to an 804. . . what do you want. . . if you want an all out drag bike go for the 804 and start cutting away the frame, brakes, etc. . . . Me, I want a duner. . . (just a fast one! ;) ) . . . there are plenty of guys that want the drag bikes but, the bigger you go. . . bore, stroke, compression, cam, nitrous, etc. the more issues you are going to have.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Nice dyno chart! That quad must rip !

·
Registered
305 Posts
DuneMe said:
Get your calendar out!

As for the question on why not going to an 804. . . what do you want. . . if you want an all out drag bike go for the 804 and start cutting away the frame, brakes, etc. . . . Me, I want a duner. . . (just a fast one! ;) ) . . . there are plenty of guys that want the drag bikes but, the bigger you go. . . bore, stroke, compression, cam, nitrous, etc. the more issues you are going to have.
I know what you mean where to stop. So is it the extra 2mm stroke or the 14:1 that you would have to worry more about. Everything else is the same right? No fram cutting for a 804 kit right. Also are you useing the megacycle cam?

·
Registered
902 Posts
What I meant by frame cutting is lightening the frame for weight reduction - the drag guys will do about anything. I've not heard of any engine that requires cutting anything on the frame or any other part of the bike.

integlikewhoa said:
DuneMe said:
Get your calendar out!

I know what you mean where to stop. So is it the extra 2mm stroke or the 14:1 that you would have to worry more about. Everything else is the same right? No fram cutting for a 804 kit right. Also are you useing the megacycle cam?

·
Registered
684 Posts
We have built a few 804 duners and yet to have a problem with them. Some even have the 14-1 compression. The Raptor based build is a great starting point, its a very durable power plant even highly modded. I wouldnt be scared to run a 804 or larger on a play bike.

Randy glad to see its running strong. Its amazing how the power curve feels like a stock raptor but on roids. You can short shift it all day long and still beat up most bikes at any dune.

·
Registered
305 Posts
sparky yfz said:
We have built a few 804 duners and yet to have a problem with them.
How many rides on them? The way i figure is if you go +6mm whats +2mm more? Im thinking it cant be that bad, Or is it?

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
fuckin A that is some power!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
684 Posts
integlikewhoa said:
sparky yfz said:
We have built a few 804 duners and yet to have a problem with them.
How many rides on them? The way i figure is if you go +6mm whats +2mm more? Im thinking it cant be that bad, Or is it?
The 8 mil stroke is not going to hurt the raptor. The raptor is a very low rpm engine, even with full mods the peak hp is still around 7400 rpm. I would say the only thing the 8 mil would be hard on is your tires, clutch, and pocket book LOL

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sparky yfz said:
We have built a few 804 duners and yet to have a problem with them. Some even have the 14-1 compression. The Raptor based build is a great starting point, its a very durable power plant even highly modded. I wouldnt be scared to run a 804 or larger on a play bike.

Randy glad to see its running strong. Its amazing how the power curve feels like a stock raptor but on roids. You can short shift it all day long and still beat up most bikes at any dune.

Sparky, thanks! Your description hits the nail right on the head :grin_nod:

I was looking around to see if you made it out to Dumont, with the short time I was there I didn't get to find and meet half the people I wanted to. We'll have to hook up for a ride at sand mountain some time towards the end of the summer.

I love going to ride at new places and meeting up with the peeps I talk to on the forums. But the trips are few and far between as work always seems to get in the way ;)

Dune Me, I'll see if I can put something together for the July date you posted. I'll be at Dune fest the first week of August so that might be a tough one for me.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the props guys, I'm back to the daily grind but I'm still buzzin from the ride. I couldn't be happier :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts