Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased an HMF Optimizer for my HMF Slip-on and it says it comes pre-loaded with the right specs. Just wanted to see if anyone has near the same Situation as me.

I live in PA. Have a Competition Series exhaust Slip-On ready to be installed and purchased an HMF Optimizer. It says right now its Green=4 Yellow=4 and Red=5 HMF told me i may have to tweak it a little. Just wanted to see if anyone is in a similar situation and knows of maybe better settings to use?

Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Well, heres something funny. I still need to go pick it up, which i will be next weekend. Ive yet to get the initial ride in. INO, since this will be my first Raptor, i may jusy put the HMF Exhaust and Optimizer off to the side for a few months till i get used to it stock. Then later on get a header too and install it all at once. I dont know much about the EFI and dont want to take the chances of screwing something up before i even ride it for the first time. lol.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
You can run the slip on without the Optimizer. The Raptors are rich from the factory, I have a HMF slip on, on my wifes bike with stock air filter and the plug is a nice brown, no issues. If you add an intake then you might need to richen it up a bit. Always check the plug it tells you how things are running.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats good to know. But im glad i still have an optimzer for the future. If your from Ohio, then you have a similar situation to me. All of the yamaha mechanics ive talked to also said i didnt need to do anything just by adding the slip on. Ill do plug checks just to be safe though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i guess at the end of the day, it depends on the plug condition.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can run the slip on without the Optimizer. The Raptors are rich from the factory, I have a HMF slip on, on my wifes bike with stock air filter and the plug is a nice brown, no issues. If you add an intake then you might need to richen it up a bit. Always check the plug it tells you how things are running.
Im not sure if this matters or not, but what type of HMF slip-on do you have? I have the Competition Series Exhaust. Im tryin to think of reasons that would make our situations different.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
i guess at the end of the day, it depends on the plug condition.
Yes this is true, imo i would run the s/o with the fuel controller just to be sure you have it do why not put it on? When they said you might have to mess with it what they meant was to make it perfect cause not every bike runs the same, but you'll be fine to run it as is it will be very close;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have the comp exhaust on my raptor as well as the optimizer. And the map they pre loaded was to rich so I had to play with it a bit. They are a pain to get perfect though. I'm getting a pc v soon. I'm sickof the optimizer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts