Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many hours and testing i`ve found the perfect quiet sound with no performance loss :thumbsup: .. it feels that midrange even pulls stronger now with no poxer loss in high rpm ( i had to richen it up a little in midrange ) The stock quietcores from lte is a joke with a weird 2stroke sound and they blow the packing material away after a while too :(-i made the new quietcores from 2 oem muffler qcores. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Nice work! I'm considering doing a similar thing with DMC duals. I figured with two cans to handle the flow smaller outlets would work well to cut the sound w/o losing as much power as a single. Some people don't believe in a compromise between noise and power (and some of them have poorly tuned machines and think a slip-on can is going to do it all for them). Or they just like the noise. Thanks for sharing your results!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
iroc said:
After many hours and testing i`ve found the perfect quiet sound with no performance loss :thumbsup: .. it feels that midrange even pulls stronger now with no poxer loss in high rpm ( i had to richen it up a little in midrange ) The stock quietcores from lte is a joke with a weird 2stroke sound and they blow the packing material away after a while too :(-i made the new quietcores from 2 oem muffler qcores. :grin_nod:

Interesting IROC!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Why do you want to spend the money on lte's and then throw something in them to change the sound?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Moneypitrap said:
Why do you want to spend the money on lte's and then throw something in them to change the sound?
I know there are areas around me that have noise regulations and if your bike is too loud you cant ride there. Not saying its his case but it could be why.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Beleive it or not, there actually are people out there that care about the vast amount of riding areas being shut down due to noise complaints. Some of us would like somewhere for our children to ride when they are our age. ;)

Moneypitrap said:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Moneypitrap said:
The stock lte sound is very deep and awesome BUT too loud in my opinion especially for me because i ride a lot on the street in summer .. dont get me wrong but i like the new sound too its still deep at low rpms but without the high loud when revving / accelerating..I cant feel any power loss now- why should i have a louder system if its not necessary :3question:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Well done, and I too salute and appreciate you not endangering our ability to ride!

Loud pipes cost rights.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts